Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

$100 tipping point for 57% of mortgage holders

Notify me of new replies via email
Miklos Bolza | 26 Apr 2017, 08:25 AM Agree 0
The majority of borrowers would struggle with even very minor rate rises with new research revealing real risk in the market
  • | 26 Apr 2017, 09:58 AM Agree 0
    What where the questions and sample size in this survey?
  • lol | 01 May 2017, 02:05 PM Agree 0
    hmmm thats funny I have 7 mortgages and I wasn't asked any of mine ?
  • | 08 May 2017, 11:54 PM Agree 0
    Imagine how many people there are like you out there..its all bound to come crashing right down
  • AAA | 01 Oct 2017, 04:56 PM Agree 0
    It is very important the RBA fast track rate hikes because so many chose to abuse cheap debt as a means to take on more debt to pay a house price beyond their means. It is by no means a reason to delay. Action-consequence. Time to hike!! Brokers / lenders should never have enabled borrowing beyond 3x household income - any who did have a lot to answer for legally and morally.
  • Papery | 03 Oct 2017, 03:14 PM Agree 0
    Hmmmmm.....if interest rates went up & I was forced to increase my mortgage payment by $100 p/mnth, would I 'struggle' to pay the amount or would I tighten my belt & drink a little less (rum &) coke, make the kids eat a little less t/a or heaven forbid we should turn off Netflix or cancel a gym membership..... Hell, I might even turn to a a Meerkat to look for a better deal on my mortgage, electricity, health/house/car insurance.....
    • Rodger that.... | 03 Oct 2017, 04:54 PM Agree 0
      And if 57% of mortgage holders do the same then we get our long awaited recession and a housing bust to boot !
  • SW | 04 Oct 2017, 06:38 AM Agree 0
    Regardless of what so called experts may think there has always been mortgage stress.
    There are about 165000 new migrants each year and about 165000 babies born in OZ each year.
    They have to live somewhere.
    Guess what?
    They have to live in a house that they can barely afford... as it has always been the case.
Post a reply