Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

AFG responds to Connective criticisms

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 13 Sep 2012, 09:00 AM Agree 0
AFG has hit back at criticisms from rival aggregator Connective, claiming that its financial results are more transparent and are a more valuable measure of mortgage industry performance
  • Todd | 13 Sep 2012, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    There you go, Casey is one? AFG is happy to analyse lodgements which look to only equate to a 66% settlement rate by the look of the numbers above. Maybe they should spend more resources on data, like on brokers who leave and do not come back.
    Look out AFG, Connective is on its way... only 6 months ago they were settling a Billion a month, now $1.3 bill... the next 12 months will be interesting!!!

• Tom | 13 Sep 2012, 11:19 AM Agree 0
    So Todd, all your deals settle at the same time as they are submitted do they?
    I wish I had your business !!
  • Nufty Broker | 13 Sep 2012, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    Would love to see AFGS audited accounts 5 years ago?
  • Sustainable | 13 Sep 2012, 01:08 PM Agree 0
    Why doesn't Connective publish their financials like AFG does?
    Personally I would want me aggregator to be strong so that I know they won't fall over or my trail to be taken by my aggregators creditors.
  • Mark Hewitt AFG | 13 Sep 2012, 01:23 PM Agree 0
    That is the problem Todd, how do you really know what they settled ?
  • Mark Hewitt AFG | 13 Sep 2012, 04:38 PM Agree 0
    No problems Nufty Broker, send me an email to and I will send them to you.
  • Tom | 14 Sep 2012, 03:45 PM Agree 0
    Think Nufty Broker just got put in his little box...
  • MIck Ward | 17 Sep 2012, 12:36 PM Agree 0
    Tom, you know as well as I do that AFG post their accounts because they have to. Any company wanting to list on the ASX has too, which is what AFG were hoping to do but missed the opportunity, though are still hopeful of one day. Both AFG and Connective are good aggregators and are appealing to brokers for different reasons. But settlements are the only true volume indicator that brokers and lenders care about. I know it's hard Tom, particularly when you have worked for them, but instead of AFG being so precious when there is a bit of constructive critism, why don't they just post their settlements figures instead of avoiding it, and shifting the focus on why private business should post their personal financials for the public to see? That's not fair, and unless AFG had to post them under the terms of what a pre listed company has to do, I would guess that they wouldn't be posting their financials either. AFG, park the rubbish and post the settlement figures so the industry as a whole can be better informed to the activity in the market place.
  • SYDNEY BROKER | 08 Mar 2014, 04:28 PM Agree 0
    Having been with Connective for a few years, they certainly have been growing, to the detriment of the existing brokers. The flat fee structure, is a scam as they now have services that cost you twice as much. I do not know and cannot remember when I last met my BDM from connective. The PD Day to kick off this year was typical - all the trappings with NO VALUE, one wonders how MFAA allocated CPD points .... More than half the time was spent blowing their own trumpet. Apart from a blurb on privacy & veda and a peace of Eagle Boys pizza ... it would have been more value having a race on..
Post a reply