Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aggregator looks for new blood, says 'poaching' brokers not productive

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 12 Sep 2013, 04:00 AM Agree 0
A major aggregator is launching a mentorship program to bring new blood into the industry, saying it's no longer enough for aggregators to poach brokers from each other's networks
  • not so old broker | 12 Sep 2013, 10:06 AM Agree 0
    About time someone recognised that it's not panel-beater one day and broker the next. Good on you Tim. Sets a great example
  • Old Hand Broker | 12 Sep 2013, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    Nothing new in this !!
    Buyers Choice a sub aggregator of PLAN based in Melbourne has been doing it with great success for the last 18 months
  • karen hambleton ogrady | 12 Sep 2013, 11:26 AM Agree 0
    Always pleased to see any training that will increase the professionalism of the industry as a whole. The MFAA programme is robust and sustainable and of course already has 56 people nationally trained and delivering the programme. it is great that the MFAA took the initiative to have a ready to go programme for anyone to be able to access.
  • Wilko | 12 Sep 2013, 11:27 AM Agree 0
    Still a difficult one for aggregators to start up. Aussie and Mortgage Choice lead this field and I am sure they would have stories of the difficulties and successes and how much time it would take. Good luck.
  • Michael | 12 Sep 2013, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    Didn't the Aussie team already light the wick on this concept years ago? I was a broker trained under their mentor program as it was the only real quality place to learn.
    Still, better late than never I guess Tim.
  • No Time Like The Future | 13 Sep 2013, 08:26 AM Agree 0
    I wish we would stop referring to people as 'new blood'.

Couldn't we say 'new brokers'?

Please?
  • Rastafarian | 13 Sep 2013, 10:44 AM Agree 0
    While some models pay brokers so poorly, they do turn over a lot of good people who get to the twelve month mark have a couple of bad months and bolt, some out of the industry and many to other Aggregators with better pay structures.
Post a reply