Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aggregator reveals key drivers behind massive growth

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 12 Dec 2014, 08:31 AM Agree 0
One major aggregator says it has experienced significant growth this year, increasing its settlement volumes by 128%
  • John Robbo | 12 Dec 2014, 09:25 AM Agree 0
    I'm with Choice because I hate the thought of change and facing the penalties as a result. However, as far as support is concerned I must be honest and say that in all the years I have been with Choice - I have only had a Choice employee in my offices once. I wouldn't have a clue who my BDM is and they certainly don't spend time with me to understand my needs. That said - I probably don't take advantage of all that they offer.
  • Chris Burns | 12 Dec 2014, 12:30 PM Agree 0
    My experiences with Choice have been nothing but complimentary since joining in 2008. The Choice BDM's are exceptional to say the least; the support we receive from Choice as a whole is outstanding.

I believe the broker has to take responsibility for what level of service is required, which needs to be communicated so that expectations from both parties are aligned. From the outset, I communicated what we required from Choice, it’s honestly been a highly rewarding relationship… Well done and thank you Stephen and team..
  • John Morley | 12 Dec 2014, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    Been with Choice since 2009, I have always had a high level of support and like the results has continued to improve year on year. BDM and state management in WA has been faultless.
    This is a great team to be on!
  • Adam Nelson | 12 Dec 2014, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    I couldn't be more complimentary of the top down support we have received since moving to Choice in 2012. Be it educational, business support, events and even software amendments, Choice have been on the ball in every respect. With the hands on approach that Stephen and his team take, it's little wonder they've achieved these results.
  • Ed Ridge | 14 Dec 2014, 08:27 AM Agree 0
    Great comments from you guys. Could I ask one question? Could you please provide some details around the great support you receive. In my experience this means different things for different people so just trying to get down to the actual services they provide and how it helps you to grow or maintain your business. How does a BDM help. For instance the last BDM I saw from Connective was 3 people ago and over 12 months and then all he wanted to do was train me to use their CRM which I had been using longer than he had and knew very well. Any insights you can provide (in a real world situation as apposed to their marketing spiel, no disrespect intended) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • Adam | 15 Dec 2014, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    @ Ed Ridge... In no particular order.
    Facilitated peer to peer sessions (6-7 brokers only) on a micro level within our region.
    At a national level, Choice recently instigated a new initiative & gathered the top 20 groups from around Australia which provided the best learning session I've had in 15 years of brokering.
    Our group recently nominated for an industry award - Choice offered their marketing team to assist with our submission.
    We know every Choice BDM and they all know our group as well. Every one of them has personally offered their assistance if required.
    They are involved as little or as much as we ask when we are recruiting - even to the point of making meeting rooms available at NAB HQ for sessions.
    I could go on...
  • Ed Ridge | 15 Dec 2014, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    Thanks Adam sounds good if you are one of the top 20, what about the others? Anyone else wish to expand a little further. Thanks again Adam appreciate your insights.
  • Ed update | 15 Dec 2014, 11:33 PM Agree 0
    Good Question Ed.

Good brokers only need the good software and the aggregator to balance the difference if competitive positions (lender/broker). Not much else. The aggregator won't be the difference in paying the bills or not.
Post a reply