Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aggregator sees massive rise in broker numbers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 Oct 2014, 08:17 AM Agree 0
A leading aggregator has revealed a massive rise in its broker numbers, as well as strong growth in its settlements
  • Patrick | 03 Nov 2014, 03:07 AM Agree 0
    Housing is the USA is less than half the cost of Australia and a big contributor to this is the supply available in the form of mobile homes. Contrary to popular myth these are not caravans but fully appointed conventional homes located on rented sites in privately managed so called "parks". The park is just a private sub-division within which access roads and utility reticulation is provided and managed by the park owner. My wife is from USA and I have stayed with her parents in one of these houses and it is as good and comfortable as any "project home" built in Oz. The cost US$60 to 100K plus site rental at around $250 a month. While we stumble around trying to create and market flawed "joint equity" home loans these are just that. You buy the house and you rent the land. As usual it would the banks who are opposed to this as the potential new supply will undermine the overvalued residential property that is security for their major assets - home loans. The "four pillar" policy is a government mandated oligopoly cartel which is crippling this country.
Post a reply