Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aggregator: Women can make better brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 19 Sep 2012, 09:00 AM Agree 0
The CEO of an aggregator claims the broking industry is still backwards when it comes to women in broking, who can be an "advantage"
  • Rach | 19 Sep 2012, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    A good broker is a good broker, but there are some natural instincts that I think many women have, that could be advantageous...
  • ForTruth | 19 Sep 2012, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    As a male broker i will make sure i dont join the Port Group,I would advise any male broker to do likewise.
    It is politically correct to also push females in front of males, I have had enough. It is time we stand up and stop this constant demeaning of men.
  • Glenn Rodricks | 19 Sep 2012, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    We don't have a problem attracting women to our group, we have 6 women out of nine brokers... and growing. I agree totally with all the rest of voula's views.
  • Simon H | 19 Sep 2012, 11:11 AM Agree 0
    Port Group encourages good brokers no matter what the sex, but as this article states there aren’t enough women. It’s comments like these from For Truth that show how ridiculously threatened men are by women, which shows a woeful lack of respect as far as I’m concerned. Exactly what this woman interviewed is hinting at.
  • Really? | 19 Sep 2012, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    I wonder what the reaction would be if Ms Kotsiras had said 'Typically men are more sympathetic in general and most referrers and consumers relate well to men'?
    Makes for an interesting thought doesn't it?
  • mortgage road warrior | 19 Sep 2012, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    You & others in the print & electronic media would never dare put out an article headlined , " Men make better Brokers . " More reverse sexism that males have had to put up with for too damn long. Give us all a break , gender has nothing to do with it. All broking house Principles I know recruit on merit. Flagrent sexism when it comes to recruiting , & especially so in the sales world diminished significantly years ago. In a world of reduced commissions & a more crowded market place , all I'm concerned about is who can sell the most amount of finance in a compliant manner. I couldn't give a rats if that person was a Hermaphrodite . A lack of females in the industry is a symptom , tell me what the cause is . I think I know .
  • Colin Sheppard | 19 Sep 2012, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    Dear For Truth,
    You need to read the article again and stop being such a typical bloke. If you are going to make such strong negative comments at least have the courage to display your name and not hide behind an alias!

The article purely highlights the importance of actively promoting woman in the finance industry and at no stage does it suggest being anti male brokers.
    Port Group have a great balance of brokers and moreover they are the fastest growing boutique aggregator in the country, so clearly they are doing something right. Port Group provides our business fantastic support and having worked with various aggregators over my 10+ years in broking, I wouldn’t even consider an alternative aggregator!

You can stick to your old fashion ways and enjoy writing your one loan a month while the rest of the industry actively looks at ways of improving and progressing our industry forward.
  • Interesting..... | 19 Sep 2012, 01:36 PM Agree 0
    I find it intereting how different people interpret the same thing they read!! nowehere in that article did I find it demeaning to men? I don't think it's meant that way ...all I got from that was that it would be good to have a few more women in the industry...where's the harm in that?
  • Emma Lockwood | 19 Sep 2012, 02:06 PM Agree 0
    My personal belief is that many women prefer to deal with female brokers. That is certainly the feedback I receive on a daily basis. As a female broker with 2 young children I am in a unique position to understand and empathise with the juggle and pressures that many working women face. Not at all saying that male brokers don't but there is certainly a different level of communication that exists between women. 75% of my clients are women, most of which are referred from other women so I think the statistics speak for themselves in my case.
  • sidbroker | 19 Sep 2012, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    I have employed female brokers before and have found that their personal lives can interfear with their professional reliability.
  • potkettle | 19 Sep 2012, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    Did you club them on the head before dragging them back to your cave?
  • RDV | 19 Sep 2012, 07:06 PM Agree 0
    As a Male broker part of Port Group I can only say to those that having nothing constructive to say maybe keep your sentiments to yourself, clearly there are many that cant read the article properly
    Ms Kotsiras only said that we should try and balance up the numbers not the us blokes are crap brokers.. maybe people should keep their insecurities to themselves
  • sidbroker | 19 Sep 2012, 08:30 PM Agree 0
    potkettle, I never thought of that.Do you want a job.
  • sidbroker | 20 Sep 2012, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    To RDV. Sorry but you sound female.
  • Chris Vellios | 20 Sep 2012, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    I read with amusement at some of the comments here. It is an opinion piece after all. What is factual is that Port Group are a successful and progressive business in the finance broking industry. The article was not anti men. I for one would love to see more women in finance broking.
  • Yes to more women!! | 20 Sep 2012, 10:55 AM Agree 0
    Most of us male brokers are probably putting up barriers, as we know women will do a better job!
    The more women, the better, I say.
    Although, you’ll have to sit through a bunch of male dominated functions, talking the usual sexist crap that dribbles out, which is why I’m reluctant to go to most of these things.

• sidbroker | 20 Sep 2012, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    To Chris Vellious! Are you a member of the Port group!! The articule does state that wommen can be a "distinct advantage to clients" does it not! Lets be honest and accept that the author has said the wrong thing! If a man stated the above you would be up in arms, correct. I put it to you that women need to accept responsibility to a much higher level than you do when you get it wrong and stop argueing the virtues of what you have said or done and simply apoligise and or retract the error. That is the decent and responsible way to behave in this world.
  • Yes to more women!! | 20 Sep 2012, 11:12 AM Agree 0
    You make Blokes look bad....and whiney...
  • CJ | 20 Sep 2012, 11:15 AM Agree 0
    Sidbroker seems the article's hit a make blokes look bad and whiney.....Just get on with it mate
  • Interesting... | 20 Sep 2012, 11:19 AM Agree 0
    Sibroker....go do something constructive..write a loan maybe?
  • Simon H | 20 Sep 2012, 11:30 AM Agree 0
    Sidbroker – at the very least, the author of this piece has a far superior grasp of the English language than you do. She was quoting her interviewee.
  • ForTruth | 20 Sep 2012, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    As this article and so many in the media pushes women and womens networks. I will voice my opinion and blackban any company that demeans men. If you political correct males want to be nancy boys, so be it.
  • Intersting... | 20 Sep 2012, 12:28 PM Agree 0
    Exactly Sidbroker it said "CAN BE" which is a possibility..? the author has no apology to make as the article was not offensive nor was it an attack on men...nor did it state that Port Group is exclusive to may need to re-read the article with a fresh mind and without bias..ignorance starts your mind.
  • Sigh | 20 Sep 2012, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    Sidbroker & ForTruth - you need to get over the discovery of fire and the invention of the wheel (I know this must be pretty exciting for you both), and come, join us, in the 21st century. The article was in no way offensive or demeaning to men.
  • sidbroker | 20 Sep 2012, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    To all the knockers. Like i said. I am off to the snow now and that is the end of it. If I have have stured a few of you up then that is what my intention was and thankyou for your reply. LOL.
  • sidbroker | 20 Sep 2012, 01:17 PM Agree 0
    Oh, Sorry i forgot to mention my secretary is coming with me and the GT3.Bye for now. I love being a super broker.
  • Sigh | 20 Sep 2012, 01:43 PM Agree 0
    There are so many things wrong with you last 2 comments i dont even know where to begin - with all your super broker earnings, perhaps you should enroll in a few Spelling courses - Hopefully my little recommendation "stured" you to develop and grow your own intellect.
  • Actual | 20 Sep 2012, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    all I will say to both sidbroker and ForTruth is that clearly you both compete with Port Group and obviously slamming the article is the only thing you can do.. quite humorous
    To sidbroker if you were actually a superbroker or owned a GT3 (other than a toy one) you wouldn't need to tell everyone about it, people would know, that's the last thing our industry needs pretentious negative blokes, like you.. enjoy your pretend secretary, the fake snow, and your matchbox GT3 ...

• sidbroker | 20 Sep 2012, 07:45 PM Agree 0
    To actual, sigh, intersting, cj, simone h,and the rest of you ? whatever you are. You don`t have the courage to let us know if you are man women or beast and hide behind your suedo names. How catty are you lot. We are off sking now and hope you have a great day as well. Cheers from my on snow lodge at Thredbo.
  • Rach | 21 Sep 2012, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Funny ! LMAO.
  • potkettle | 21 Sep 2012, 11:02 AM Agree 0
    So I guess sidbroker is your given name? Also, 'suedo names'? How are you able to write loans when you can't even write basic English sentences?
Post a reply