Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aggregators behind the times on tech

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 13 May 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
A brokerage targeting younger borrowers has rubbished claims that Skype cannot take the place of face-to-face interaction with clients
  • David | 13 May 2011, 12:55 PM Agree 0
    UBank use Skype for customer service. Its good enough for them in that capacity and should be embraced.
  • countrybroker | 13 May 2011, 01:59 PM Agree 0
    I have found that when FHOG buyers see us ther are confused and are really looking for genuine assistance , They want to discuss many issues and want help with the FHOG application.
    Many have been on the net or used SKYPE and most are comung to a broker as they want to discuss their suitation face to face , I can only agree with Vow !!! Or is it just country applicants ?
  • sidbroker | 13 May 2011, 04:57 PM Agree 0
    ASIC and NCCP does have a lot of Brokers running scared. The concensus among most Brokers i associte with is that NCCP etc. is not workable and they are just treading water trying to work out wether or not to stay in the business. The threat of jail sentances and enomorus fines to most people is not tolerable and should not be no matter what you do for a living. If there are any rogue Brokers left it is a simple matter to get rid of them as has been the way in the past. It will be a very sad day for the public if Brokers in general called it a day. You would not go to court without a solicitor and why would anyone in their right mind want to go direct to any lender and be at the mercy of a staff member of that instution.So what if suddenly thre were no brokers?!!! So my message is to stop giving Brokers a Hard Time before it is too late!!!!
  • The happy broker | 13 May 2011, 09:56 PM Agree 0
    I support the broker in this case. We need to interview clients who are often expats in Europe or Asia. We interview clients on skype and disclose this in the application and certified support docs are required usually by attending an AUS consulate in the respective country. In today's day and age these seem like resonance efforts to determine a clients situation and identity.
  • mortgageandlease | 17 May 2011, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    I have recently gone to Homeside and CBA refreshers and been told that Skype is not permitted for interviews and face to face contact is needed for AML and NCCP purposes and we jepodise our accreditations if we submit a deal and find we have not interviewed clients correctly.
Post a reply