Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aggregators find brokers harder to budge

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 18 May 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Mortgage brokers are becoming harder to shift by new aggregators looking to build their distribution networks, even though innovative new offerings are clamouring for attention
  • ozboy | 18 May 2012, 10:07 AM Agree 0
    I think most brokers have now realised that all that glitters is not gold. Too many unfulfilled promises and better the devil you know. We all know an iPad won't write more business and besides every new player is promising the same thing, better IT and better marketing support where's the innovation in that?
  • Country Broker | 18 May 2012, 10:21 AM Agree 0
    I believe the greatest problem with shifting established brokers is simply explained , paper work , if a broker has say 20 accredations, the paerwork would be horrific , new police checks , new credit checks ,release documentation and then 20 new applcations t have those accredation transferred over < would do this NO WAY unless my current aggregator upset me, which has not happened. Add to this probably at least say 2 to 4 weeks in between the two aggregators any broker establishedfor say 4years or more would needareally good reason to even think about it
  • 1martym1 | 18 May 2012, 01:36 PM Agree 0
    plus the aggreagtor has the agreement with the lender, so switching your book over is neigh on impossible.Would be good if it was possible and the trail stayed with broker not the aggregator (besides branded players such as Aussie and MC). It aint gonn happen though.
  • Papery | 19 May 2012, 12:00 PM Agree 0
    Sing it brothers!
  • Tommy | 21 May 2012, 09:09 PM Agree 0
    Safety and security has also become top of the list for many. Why would you even consider going to a new aggregator when we all know that only one in five new small businesses will actually succeed. Refund mark 2 surely ain't far away..
Post a reply