Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aggregators need to do more: Pepper

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 17 Mar 2011, 02:15 AM Agree 0
Pepper Home Loans COO David Holmes has called on aggregators to provide better training opportunities for brokers
  • oldBroker | 17 Mar 2011, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    In reality, the lenders are lazy and are blaming the brokers for their own laziness. What the lenders need to do is to upgrade their online loan submission platforms so that they have enough intelligence to stop bad/incomplete deals from getting submitted. But this would cost the lenders money and would put the onus on the lenders (where it should be), and would not allow them to blame the brokers.
  • Ozboy | 17 Mar 2011, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    I would disagree I think the quality aspect is something we all should be striving for...jointly. The online systems could make this process so much easier but so could a generic application form but none of these are important for the lenders. So I would suggest that our associations (MFAA, FBAA etc) lobby the lenders on our behalf to implement these changes which will assist everyone in the mortgage chain.
  • oldBroker | 17 Mar 2011, 01:54 PM Agree 0
    Well, I can't disagree that we all need to be concerned with quality. However, the lenders need to protect their own operations, and rather than complain that the brokers/aggregators need to lift their game re: training/quality, they need to ensure that their systems stop bad/incomplete deals coming through, thus not relying on whether the individual broker is capable or not.
Post a reply