Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aggregator's 'world-class' software seals the deal for top brokerage

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 03 Feb 2015, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Award-winning brokerage joins its first aggregator after almost 30 years in business, saying the “world-class” software platform was what won it over
  • Connective broker | 03 Feb 2015, 09:09 AM Agree 0
    World class software? Ha! Someone didn't do their diligence. Podium isn't even in the same league as Mercury. I've used both extensively and can categorically say that Mercury is so much better than Podium that it's just not funny. Mark, mate, if software was the reason for joining an aggregator can I say you've made a massive blunder. You obviously didn't check out Connectives offering.
  • Dave Robinson | 03 Feb 2015, 09:41 AM Agree 0
    Connective Broker - Really. What about the product information or more importantly the lack of it in Mercury. Being able to provide complete, up to date product information is (in my humble opinion) far more important that being able to send someone an sms for their birthday....oh that's right I can't even do that with Mercury at the moment. Mercury may have won an award 4 years ago but in IT terms that's like 12 years ago. By the way has Mercury 5 made it out of it's 3 year beta testing yet? Mmm that's what I thought.
  • New Connective Broker | 03 Feb 2015, 09:55 AM Agree 0
    I have used both extensively as well, and while I am aggregated with Connective, Podium SH*** all over Mercury it as far functionality for loan comparison etc.
    Dave, I am with you on this one - Connective needs to get their act together when it comes to Mercury given it is a selling point of theirs.
  • Scott | 03 Feb 2015, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    Software is of a major importance in any brokers business. I believe all brokers need to investigate the market more. Start looking at some of the Boutique Aggregators like eChoice, I believe the systems they offer and support to partners.
  • Dave Robinson | 03 Feb 2015, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    Scott go one further and look at some of the software offered by third parties, you will see some great innovation as they want an income from their offering it's not just an add on.
  • Marty | 03 Feb 2015, 09:57 PM Agree 0
    Software doesn't close loans, brokers close loans. No doubt software assists however it's not the be all and end all.
  • Connective Broker | 04 Feb 2015, 02:24 PM Agree 0
    Fair call on the product comparison. It's probably the one part of Mercury that others do as well and a little better in some ways. However the other 90% of Mercury is light years ahead of the rest. And if you need software to tell your clients where to get a loan then you probably sell on price and perhaps one of the branded aggregators might be a good fit for you.
  • Dave robinson | 05 Feb 2015, 09:27 AM Agree 0
    Marty, software runs our business and has let us move away from support people. We have our NCCP obligations down to 28 minutes per person due to the online forms and integration into our automated systems. In our business it is the be and end all when it is saving us over $150K a year for a total investment of $280 and some late nights.

We showed some of our tech to our aggregator and they were blown away, took some of our IP and rolled it out to their clients/members and never even acknowledged where it came from...nice! Luckily for us we didn't show them everything. Productivity software (not just a CRM) is the one thing most people in our business can't get their heads around. When was the last (or first time) you saw a PD day/Industry Conference etc devote any time to showing you anything other than a crm. There is so much more software out there they can help you all so much but you need to invest some time in finding it and adapting it to your situation. Good luck.
Post a reply