Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Anonymous decision: Broker news comments to remain incognito

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 29 Aug 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Readers' responses to yesterday's anonymous comment ban suggestion ranged from downright dirty
  • Country Broker | 29 Aug 2013, 09:35 AM Agree 0
    Well Done !
  • Toni | 29 Aug 2013, 10:02 AM Agree 0
    Good decision................... By the way real name's not Toni Lol or is it !!!!!
  • Ivana Humpalot | 29 Aug 2013, 10:26 AM Agree 0
    How would they know if the name provided was genuine?
  • Dan Isaak | 29 Aug 2013, 04:29 PM Agree 0
    I can respect all peoples call on this. Personally I feel for now its best to remain incognito. I do see both sides of the argument. In saying that though I feel that there’s still a place for brokers to remain anonymous. It’s always best to listen to views be it big or small brokers, and not necessarily need to know who it was from. Off course it would be nice if the world could agree to disagree at times, continuing with the day like nothing happened. The world as we know it, isn’t like that. There are too many people that like stepping on innocent people’s toes, and enjoy spite & for no good reason. I see it day in/out, online blogs, Smith having a go at Jones, and sometimes yeah it’s not called for. So I see why people want comments linked to the author. That’s however a separate topic to do with the current law I believe./ On the other hand I sincerely fear that we will loose our democratic point of views. That’s just the kicker. It would cause people not voice their views irrespective of the industry or cause in fear of loosing their jobs or upsetting someone. We will be forced to live in an exile of diplomacy, even when we felt against. I’m a little old fashioned and believe it’s ethically wrong to say nothing, do nothing, just to keep a job. I learned as a child by my elders that all it takes for evil to prevail is for a good man to do nothing.. Well that’s what will happen, people will back off. I think everyone needs an ability to vent the truths. Web sites no different to this will stop getting hits, and no hits means no voice. In the end we are all worse off. Senior figures will control 100% of the industry. This is no different to your right to vote. Imagine if the government knew who voted to what party? boycotts galore, no one would turn up to vote. I think for now we leave it. Maybe review it again in the future, sure. But if you think deep, there too many holes to this argument. No different for this incognito topic, its social independence. Once you scratch under the surface of what im saying it becomes allot clearer. The good thing, we all have the option to speak. It’s currently available for all to use. Wether your rich poor, black white, or a Callithumpian. Everything equal, when you think about it, it’s in all our interests. YES, I for sure see a need to tighten up defamatory laws, web, press, any media, so should someone use the web to destroy someone’s character using unfounded data, they feel the full force of the law. But I don’t think that’s on Canberra’s agenda right now, why we even worrying about it..
Post a reply