Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Anonymous web poll draws broker concern

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 07 Sep 2011, 07:00 AM Agree 0
An anonymous survey is gathering opinion from mortgage brokers on industry associations, and the organisation behind it claims anonymity is key to an unsullied result
  • Ozboy | 07 Sep 2011, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    And once they gauge sentiment then what...please not another try at setting up another association they fails within a year. If you don't like what they do then either don't belong or get involved...or is it just too easy to sit back and complain rather than take action?
  • countrybroker | 07 Sep 2011, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    Why take the time to fill in another poll particulary an anonymous one. If they are serious they should reveal who they are. I am very suspicious of this type of activity, it could be a bank lobby group, a consumer association !! or anybody behind this activity.
    If I want the MFAA to know what I think I will send an email to Phil Naylor, or attend a seminar they are holding and speak to him , he is easily approached. Brokers DO NOT participate.
  • Stacey | 07 Sep 2011, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    Ozboy, how do I not belong to an association? The lenders I deal with insist on it for accreditation.
    I certainly wouldn't belong to any association, and surely not a new one, if I didn't have to.
  • Paul | 07 Sep 2011, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    So, should your answers be different depending upon who is asking? The point of anonymity is to get an honest response..not an influenced one.
  • Rodney | 07 Sep 2011, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    Country Broker, who are you to tell brokers what to do? Interesting that you think it's ok to tell us not to participate, don't you think we are smart enough to make our own decisions? And just to show you I am..........I have done the survey and I hope it does some good. Good on whoever you are out there, I don't see any harm in it.
  • Natalie | 07 Sep 2011, 11:23 AM Agree 0
    Hey Countrybroker, that's a funny name. Or are you being anonymous?
  • mortgageandlease | 07 Sep 2011, 12:04 PM Agree 0
    I answered it, couldn't see any harm in it.
  • Valentine Tyson | 07 Sep 2011, 08:29 PM Agree 0
    If the site wants to be anonymous, I will not be a party to it. It MUST be transparent. The site should have more faith in the MFAA, the FBAA and the Aggregators.
  • Ozboy | 08 Sep 2011, 09:11 AM Agree 0
    Stacey do you hold an ACL if you do then you can choose not to belong, if your aggregator or lender insists you will need to ask them to put in writing why and then take the matter up with the relevant authority, if your a credit rep then it may form part of your agreement. At the end of the day the push for membership is seen as way to dissolve their responsibility in regards to what you do or don't do. While I don't mind filling this in it seems pointless if it's not explained as to why this information is being gathered, personally I think the time could be better adding comments here that are mainly to amuse me!
  • QuickAssistLending | 09 Sep 2011, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    Ozboy - curious. Where is it written that you do not have to belong to MFAA etc if you hold an ACL. I would like to know more. Thanks.
  • Ozboy | 09 Sep 2011, 10:58 AM Agree 0
    Hi QuickAssistLending it's not but where is it written that you do? In your aggregator agreement, in your direct lender agreement? Or are you just asked for it when applying? If you hold an ACL you have completed every requirement to offer credit services, if someone is forcing you to hold more than that then you need to look into this further.
  • mortgageandlease | 09 Sep 2011, 01:29 PM Agree 0
    I'm with Ozboy. My understanding if you are licenced with ASIC, then you don't technically need to hold MFAA, but most aggregators and lenders are enforcing it. Sucks I know.
Post a reply