Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

ASIC bans fifth broker from Perth-based brokerage

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 09 May 2016, 12:35 PM Agree 0
The corporate regulator has banned a fifth broker from Perth-based finance brokerage, Get Approved Finance
  • SEQ Broker | 09 May 2016, 02:54 PM Agree 0
    Why would you do that? Glad he is gone.
  • Donald | 09 May 2016, 06:34 PM Agree 0
    Obviously if five brokers have done it and the investigation is ongoing, they were trained that way or it was company policy. Investigate the company, not the brokers.
  • James D | 09 May 2016, 06:35 PM Agree 0
    Jeremy Hughes trained them this way. Go after him if you want the person responsible.
  • StewartK | 12 May 2016, 08:23 PM Agree 0
    I work in mortgages, it's a much more profitable industry without having to deal with so many customers every month just to put food on the table.

My ex-girlfriend worked there, they had over 300 staff there but she knew some of the people that have now been found out, and same as in my business if you want to cheat your employer and your customers it can be done if you know how.

Banning is the only way to stop this. I don't think it was Jeremy involved because he's the one that called ASIC to have brokers banned. It's just taken awhile now... ASIC are slow but they always get what they want!
  • Bryan M | 08 Jun 2016, 01:12 PM Agree 0
    There was never 300 brokers there so automatically you are lying. Jeremy didn't call ASIC about this either, he is currently overseas avoiding this. This was company wide and everyone in the Hughes group finance knew about it and did the same. Please don't comment if you aren't going to be truthful.
Post a reply