Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Association announces new scholarship program

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 17 Nov 2014, 08:39 AM Agree 0
An industry association has announced they will be partnering with education provider Australis College to offer two scholarships for students interested in pursuing a career in finance or mortgage broking
  • Colin Rice | 17 Nov 2014, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    Cant do any harm. It astounds me that after having 4 mentors I was never taught the number one aspect of this business. "How to get clients". Unless you have an established client base via years spent in the banking industry or are spoon fed leads you need clients. No clients equals no business. Also intensive one on one mentoring for your first 20-50 deals not left to "work it out" yourself.
  • Siobhan Hayden (MFAA) | 17 Nov 2014, 03:00 PM Agree 0
    I strongly agree with Peter Whites’ focus on promoting finance and mortgage broking as a career to students considering finance or accounting following school. Mentoring is a key solution to maximising new entrant success in any industry, but two (2) scholarships in Queensland is a drop in the ocean considering the new talent we need to attract. I would have liked to see the money spent on the development of a longer term solution which may help resolve the bigger challenge, that being, where to find new talent which could be rolled out more broadly.
  • Peter White CEO FBAA | 17 Nov 2014, 07:49 PM Agree 0
    @Siobhan - I know your experience in our industry is limited but you are seriously misinformed. Our Student Scholarship Progam is open nationally and can take in thousands but for this year (only) there are two scholarships that will be paid for so those 2 students wont need to VET Fee it (and nothing at all to do with just QLD), and includes mentoring at NO extra cost by qualified long-term industry people and back by a leading RTO, plus much much more is provided. As always informed educated comments however are always welcomed.
Post a reply