Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Association launches free calculators

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 10 Dec 2014, 05:37 AM Agree 0
An industry association has launched free calculators for exclusive use by its members
  • Stephen Hale MFAA | 10 Dec 2014, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    The MFAA are pleased that the FBAA has finally made these links to calculators available to their members as the MFAA have had these same free links from the same provider free for many years now. We do caution though that these links take the customer off the broker site to the association site which is not ideal as you can lose the customer in the process. The best alternative is to have calculators loaded into your site to keep them active. Should any FBAA member feel the price offered by the provider is prohibitive which is generally $400 - $900 pa then we can offer our same set for $200 pa. We are happy to assist brokers in the industry on
  • Macarthur Broker | 10 Dec 2014, 11:09 AM Agree 0
    Poor form Stephen. I am an MFAA member and agree with your comments but dont think its a good look to hijack someone elses press release.
  • Peter White - CEO FBAA | 10 Dec 2014, 11:13 AM Agree 0
    @Stephen Hale - an extremely unprofessional way of going about things. MFAA and also your comments are again this year uninformed as to what is available to our members and the full extent of the service that is provided as you are not a part of our negotiations. If you are struggling to maintain members I suggest you go about things differently, and our members will decide what is best for them not you.
  • Stephen Hale MFAA | 10 Dec 2014, 11:46 AM Agree 0
    Hi Peter. This is not unprofessional at all. We issued a story about our $99 calculators first and in response you present a ‘free’ calculators story to counter act that offering. That is just market place forces. We decided to point out the difference and benefits of the MFAA offer to the members and the broader industry that is a saving to brokers on these vital tools of business. As for membership numbers we provide audited membership numbers that show 10,840 members which is an increase of just under 7% in 12 months. I have no doubt that you will share your member numbers as well.
  • Melanie Burns | 10 Dec 2014, 12:03 PM Agree 0
    Poor form Stephen Hale. I didn't realise that this was a competition. I thought that both the FBAA and the MFAA were there to assist industry members. Not take pot shots at press releases announcing services to brokers. But then humans don't have a very good track record of being respectful online - the term 'keyboard warrior' springs to mind... Nevertheless, the FBAA clearly got your attention - and as the saying goes - any publicity is good publicity.
  • Canberra Professional | 10 Dec 2014, 12:32 PM Agree 0
    Good to see FBAA providing additional free services to assist their members, probably the greatest "freebie" members have taken advantage of in the last year or so are the free attendance at FBAA hosted PD days and functions, saving members, including myself, considerable $$ in meeting their CPD requirements.
  • Paul | 10 Dec 2014, 03:36 PM Agree 0
    These online calculators are useless without a proper website. It's so simple and easy to find hundreds of calculators that are the exact same. If you want to properly market yourself online, join an aggregator that offers you a website solution that allows you to focus your time and money on other aspects of your business.
  • Free or not? | 11 Dec 2014, 12:00 AM Agree 0
    I've never come close to paying to access a calculator so i assumed it was for broker websites. But those ones aren't free... Oh well
Post a reply