Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Association offers brokers phone rebate

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 20 Feb 2015, 08:26 AM Agree 0
An industry association is offering brokers a rebate on their phone services
  • Real Broker | 20 Feb 2015, 10:55 AM Agree 0
    Oh please is this the best FBAA has to offer, when MFAA is starting to get a real voice in our industry... Do we see Peter White travelling all over the country engaging with real brokers? Next they will be offer wine discounts to get members!
  • Bryan | 20 Feb 2015, 11:13 AM Agree 0
    And what commission is Peter White and/or the FBAA getting?
  • Peter White - CEO FBAA | 20 Feb 2015, 11:22 AM Agree 0
    @Real Broker - ignorance isn't bliss, be good if you actually stepped out from shadows and identified yourself as you obviously don't know what you are talking about (and possibly not even a broker) as I've been interstate engaging key industry stakeholders, our members, regulators and government weekly since mid-Jan and doesn't stop until around June.
  • Peter White - CEO FBAA | 20 Feb 2015, 11:30 AM Agree 0
    @Bryan - how dare you be so rude & impertinent!

For the record I do not engage in such practises and the FBAA is not on any clip either.
  • Steve McClure | 20 Feb 2015, 11:52 AM Agree 0
    Peter, I don't envy your job, when every time you try something, there's negativity and criticism - from people who obviously don't know you. Unfortunately, it also shows that as brokers we are not united. If lenders criticised us in this way we'd yell blue murder.

Both the FBAA and the MFAA are constantly improving their offering to brokers, far better than early years - it's called progress.

The present is always the most important time and right now, its great seeing Peter from the FBAA & Siobhan from the MFAA having a real go at delivering benefits to brokers. Small or large, its welcome and despite different approaches of each association, I applaud you both.
  • Vic Regional Broker | 20 Feb 2015, 12:05 PM Agree 0
    20%Of what, The MFAA have the same if not better offering. Tell Telstra Business you are going to another provider and you will negotiate a deal much better than this, But a good try
  • John Cooper | 20 Feb 2015, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    Well, with all the membership fees, office costs, insurance, aggregator fees etc, etc, I have no objection in getting a rebate for a change - and I would enjoy a good bottle of wine if someone wanted to offer me one.
    For the record Peter spends a lot of time on the road each month meeting with brokers and stakeholders around the country. Also the hard working State and Territory Presidents and Councils work directly with local members and businesses to promote the FBAA and the industry in general. Would it not be far better if we all directed our efforts to work together in the industry and discussed the big issues instead of bickering over a member benefit. Really!!
  • Felicity Heffernan | 20 Feb 2015, 12:20 PM Agree 0
    Actually we do see Peter White travelling all over the country side - very grateful for his input and assistance.
  • Canberra Professional | 20 Feb 2015, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    I am really disgusted with the negative comments by Real Broker and Bryan when what is being reported is an industry association providing increasing member benefits which is a positive story. The comments that they make are bordering on being defamatory and should be removed. Lets get back to constructive discussion not crap.
  • Client#1 | 20 Feb 2015, 12:38 PM Agree 0
    P.White - get on with the role of CEO and stop wasting members money by spending time monitoring these feedback sites and blogging meaningless responses. Plus, start pushing your associations barrow and stop pushing your own brand - no one cares about P.White. We want action from our industry bodies.
  • Mac Johnson | 20 Feb 2015, 12:48 PM Agree 0
    Real men do Not make comments such as you have @ Bryan.
    @Real Broker, its easy to take a cheap shot as you have done. Get off your behind and do better, or do something constructive for the industry. Put up or shut up.
  • Steve Broker | 20 Feb 2015, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    @Real Broker - how utterly superficial.
    Your comment begs the question 'have you (ever) investigated what is on offer and what it means to be a member of the FBAA'? And I mean properly made a serious business assessment of it?
    Yes, telephone deals for members may sound like a touch gimmicky, but you are missing the point. As nominal and incidental as this service benefit may be to any one particular member's business, it is just another aspect of the overall package that makes it worthwhile to be a member. Hats off to the FBAA.
  • Chris Szigeti | 20 Feb 2015, 04:05 PM Agree 0
    The FBAA provides many member benefits including free attendance to its Annual Conference.
  • Stan | 20 Feb 2015, 04:20 PM Agree 0
    It would be good if some of the nay-sayers commenting on FBAA articles actually made some effort to establish the facts on a subject before commenting. I am a founder member of FBAA and have been on the Board almost continually since FBAA (formerly FBAQ) was formed. Since day one, we have actively engaged with brokers - both members and non-members. "Real Broker" (and that's debateable) knows nothing about this subject.
  • CharlieX | 21 Feb 2015, 04:03 AM Agree 0
    two industry associations?

why the need for both?
  • Steve McClure | 23 Feb 2015, 08:56 AM Agree 0
    @CharlieX, my opinion of that valid question is that it gives choice and provides competition to give brokers a benefit. If there was just one association, it would be a little like having just one bank or one airline. The assoc's are competing, improving and offering alternatives if you do't agree with the other. Main point is, the one you choose not to join, costs you nothing - so you win. It is possible, albeit more difficult, to be a member of neither.
  • CharlieX | 23 Feb 2015, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    Does the FBAA also require mentor for two years for new brokers too?

Competition is good for the industry, but having two industry associations competing for the same just dilutes the impact of the voice
  • SouthBrisBroker | 23 Feb 2015, 12:18 PM Agree 0
    Good job for trying FBAA but perhaps the offer was a little cheesy for what real brokers want from you. A bit like the Free Calculators that are so well hidden on your site that they are useless to real brokers as no consumer can use them so you try and force them towards $400 ones. MFAA has $99 ones and although I had to wait 3 weeks to get them they are great. Perhaps you should just tell your members as you seem fairly easily exposed here!!
Post a reply