Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Associations slam 'grossly unfair' industry funding model for ASIC

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 09 Feb 2016, 08:07 AM Agree 0
The MFAA and FBAA have challenged a proposal recommending ASIC should adopt an industry funding model, claiming it will be detrimental to brokers operating small businesses
  • Richard | 09 Feb 2016, 09:06 AM Agree 0
    I couldn't agree more with the Financial System Inquiry (FSI) recommendation that ASIC should adopt an industry funding model. A user-pay model based on volume is highly appropriate for our industry. The Associations views on these matters are redundant as they no longer have a voice, the sooner they wake-up to this reality the better.
  • Steve McClure | 09 Feb 2016, 06:02 PM Agree 0
    That's what the two associations are suggesting, isn't it Richard? A tiered or volume based structure, whereas ASIC proposed a flat fee. Treasury decides on those issues, and Kelly O'Dwyer & Arthur Sinodinos (previously) wouldn't be accommodating meetings like they are, unless they wanted to hear the views of associations that represent over 50% of the mortgage market. I'm willing to bet they'll listen.
Post a reply