Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aussie John on the Aussie election

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 04 Sep 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
It's going to take a lot more than 'just a change in government' to boost consumer confidence in Australia, according to John Symond
  • Tony | 04 Sep 2013, 09:47 AM Agree 0
    Things will improve significantly once Rudd and Greens gone.
    The country awaits change of government on Saturday!!!
  • Concerned | 04 Sep 2013, 11:32 AM Agree 0
    I am just happy I have managed to put some funds aside for the next few years, once the LIB's get in I'll need very cent saved to cover the onslaught of tax increase’s they seem to love. Can't wait to see how much they raise the GST too. They have shown what they are capable of doing in WA, minning boom well where has all the money gone.
  • MCC | 04 Sep 2013, 01:23 PM Agree 0
    Sorry Tony but Governments do not have control of national economies. Why do you think the political issue of 'border control' manifested itself via Tampa in 2000. Because that one thing they think they can control (even though thats also incorrect). Here's why we are in a state of low economic growth for the next 3 years:-
    - stubbornly high A$ (despite recent declines)
    - Increased insolvencies across all industry sectors.
    - Large unreported under employment
    - Reducing tax revenues
    I'm not going to explain anymore other than to say if the public sector spending reduces in the pursuit of adjusting a deficit, then what private sector industries will pick up the slack? In other words where the hell is growth supposed to come from!!!!! As I've said before beware of 'Austerity' . No amount of playing around in the warmer spring weather like happy little morons is likely to fix the 'under employment clouds' on the horizon. Western economies are driven by 'consumption' . No jobs, no money , no consumption!!!!

Got it!
  • Broker | 04 Sep 2013, 03:28 PM Agree 0
    This Government has done some real long term damage to what was once a thriving economy, it will probably take a decade just to get back to where we were 6 years ago.
Post a reply