Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Aussie's NMB buy just the beginning

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 03 Apr 2012, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Aussie Home Loans has declared its acquisition of National Mortgage Brokers is just the beginning of a larger aggregator acquisition path
  • Paul Gollan | 03 Apr 2012, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    Congrats. Well done Gerald, Sal and Con.
  • Gus | 03 Apr 2012, 11:36 AM Agree 0
  • Terry | 03 Apr 2012, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    Umm John, arent you, sorry aussie owned by the CBA. so what you are really saying here is CBA now have another foot hold in the distribution channel.
  • Gemini | 03 Apr 2012, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    The McDonalds of lending moves into aggregation...what took them so long?
  • Jason | 03 Apr 2012, 12:45 PM Agree 0
    Good move Aussie/nMB
  • Wilko | 03 Apr 2012, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    Terry, 30% is not ownership. Always a bit of a furfy. Sounds like a strong move to me and I think this is the tip of the iceberg. He can now offer NMB style commission or a full Retail branded and supported commission model. Smart man.
  • SPJ | 03 Apr 2012, 01:09 PM Agree 0
    Good call Wilko !
  • Josh | 03 Apr 2012, 01:26 PM Agree 0
    I wonder if the hancuffs where you lose your trail anytime you move within the group will remain?
  • Tom | 03 Apr 2012, 07:40 PM Agree 0
    Symonds/CBA ownership. Can only be a good thing in this environment. Yup. Happy nMb broker.
  • Smurf | 03 Apr 2012, 08:13 PM Agree 0
    CBA owns a stake in Aussie. Was this a financial investment, like buying shares in Facebook, or was it "strategic"? If "strategic" what benefit other than the occasional dividend were CBA looking for? Do they have no influence on what Aussie, and now NMB, does?
    Bearing in mind that CBA also owns a significant chunk of Gerald Foley's former employer, Mortgage Choice ...
  • Terry | 04 Apr 2012, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    its all strategy and all about dominating the market. for the banks its a chess game and they are always looking 4 or 5 moves ahead of the quick fix short sighted mortage broker. once they own you, your history. better get buy those purple and yellow undies now while u can still afford it. thats a roger for wilko.
Post a reply