Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australia in for housing 'bloodbath', economists warn

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 24 Jun 2015, 08:17 AM Agree 0
The Australian property market is in the midst of the largest housing bubble on record, two economists have warned the government
  • Rocket Scientist | 24 Jun 2015, 10:42 AM Agree 0
    Not a fan of analysts blaming an over supply of mortgage debt for rise in housing prices.... Pretty sure it has more to do with the tax system and PAYG people having no other means to reduce tax liability other than loading up with debt.
  • Yawn | 24 Jun 2015, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    A bubble in SA? A bubble in Tasmania? A bubbly in Qld? A bubble in NT?
    Been hearing the crash for 25 years; one day someone has to be right.
  • Opportunist | 24 Jun 2015, 01:37 PM Agree 0
    Cool, I can't wait to buy some cheap property!
  • Cheap Property? | 24 Jun 2015, 02:07 PM Agree 0
    The bubble already burst in Mackay & Gladstone.....
  • Brado | 24 Jun 2015, 03:28 PM Agree 0
    mmm.... another bunch of alarmists trying to get publicity for their respective businesses... why do we even have to hear it!
  • Tim | 24 Jun 2015, 05:36 PM Agree 0
    If there is an oversupply to the tune of 165,000 houses in Australia then why are there auctions each weekend in Sydney with five to ten registered bidders for the property.

These guys with their "economic modelling" have probably got to get out of their Ivory Tower and go and have a look at the real world.

There is still demand in Sydney and from discussions I have had with other brokers, family members and friends it is not restricted to any one part of the city.

LF - "Little Fanfare" That's what this story and their report will generate!!!
Post a reply