Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australia is 'three years’ behind UK' with online activity

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 06 Aug 2012, 08:00 AM Agree 0
If you want an idea of how comparison sites will impact the Australian market, look to the UK, says RateCity
  • 10 year Broker | 06 Aug 2012, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    This Broker is certainly not worried , as these sites never capture the full story in terms of real rates available , not to mention the due care and skill that a good Broker provides.
  • FinanceGuy | 06 Aug 2012, 06:01 PM Agree 0
    These sites may appeal to vanilla scenarios, but I doubt they will have an impact on the more complex deals which customers tend to come to brokers for.
  • Garry | 06 Aug 2012, 06:03 PM Agree 0
    Most people who use these services are simply rate concious or think they can do it better than a broker. All I can say is good luck to them as most eventually wake up to the fact they have signed up for a loan that doesnt serve their purpose. Thankfully my clientelle are not so silly and understand the complete service a good broker gives them. You simply get what you pay for in this world.
  • CONRAD LOBO - STEP FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS | 06 Aug 2012, 09:53 PM Agree 0
    Guys dont bother Commenting.
    All you are doing is giving more ammunation to the ONLIN BROKER SITE RATECITY.
    They are the only ones benefitting from this discussion dont let it blow out of proportion.
  • A Broker | 07 Aug 2012, 09:23 AM Agree 0
    I'd argue that services of this nature will do brokers a favour: many of the clients that are especially price sensitive tend to be the same clients that are the most difficult to deal with. If it means fewer tyre-kickers and other PITA clients to deal with, then bring it on.
  • PeterT | 07 Aug 2012, 11:13 AM Agree 0
    Looking at rate city, there's very few listed products there that can't be easily beaten by any broker if they understand their client properly.
  • Big picture | 09 Aug 2012, 03:58 PM Agree 0
    Dont underestimate the power of online, the corporate world is littered with examples of complacency. My view is embrace it in some way, dont "hope" it will go away.
Post a reply