Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australia on the brink of a housing correction, claims economist

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 21 Jan 2015, 08:03 AM Agree 0
A global research company says Australia is on the brink of a housing correction, as its forecast for the Australian economy remains “downbeat”
  • Tony | 21 Jan 2015, 09:14 AM Agree 0
    When I read the title of this article I thought here we go, Professor Steven Keen has been let loose again but much to my surprise it is not him predicting doom and glow aka correction. Can someone tell me where the oversupply is so I can snap up a bargain?
  • Andrew Melling | 21 Jan 2015, 09:18 AM Agree 0
    We've all seen this type of article for years. Eventually they will be right!
  • Wozza | 21 Jan 2015, 09:43 AM Agree 0
    Wasn't December a record settlement month for brokers and banks right across the country? I had my best lodgement month for 2014 in December as well! Heard it all before!
  • Mark | 21 Jan 2015, 09:50 AM Agree 0
    The Nation is a big place, broad comments like this confuse people and their decision making. Property experts and astute Investors in the know understand certain markets have not moved for 7 or 8 years or at the least returned to just above where it was in 2010. How can such broad remarks be printed.
  • Chris Szigeti | 21 Jan 2015, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    Unfortunately it hurts the confidence aspect of the market - perhaps the Professor has all his money in the share market ??
  • Ray-Perth | 21 Jan 2015, 01:27 PM Agree 0
    I am not surprised by this research. Taking a good hard look at the prices, it really is overpriced considering slowed wages. I personally don't think there will be much of a drop, but I doubt whether prices will go up for several home markets for maybe 5 + years, just treading water.
  • Mark | 01 Feb 2015, 10:31 PM Agree 0
    Sage words from this industry professional, any FOMO types should take heed and they will reap the rewards for their patience. Full time, well paid jobs being involuntarily exchanged for minimum wage, part time jobs will take its toll. The good times are being exchanged for times where thrift is king. Abundance of For Lease signs on commercial property. The cracks are showing.
Post a reply