Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australian BrokerNews poll: MFAA all the way

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 15 Dec 2011, 05:00 AM Agree 0
1089 brokers have spoken, and the verdict is in. For most, lenders enforcing mandatory membership of the MFAA is just fine
  • Brad Q | 15 Dec 2011, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    that poll must be rigged.... look at all the comments and not onr broker thought it was ok for a lender to enorce mfaa membership to be accredited....
  • John Robbo | 15 Dec 2011, 10:19 AM Agree 0
    What a load of rubbish. This vote is absolutely manipulated! Very few brokers support mandatory MFAA membership. This shows that eithyer a) The vote is manipulated, b) Multiple votes are made by the one entity c) The lenders who support it have their staff vote on mass. Either way, it shows just how out of touch Australian Broker News is with their readers. If they took the time to read the comments that their readers have made on this they would smell a rat. We brokers are sick of larger organisations making very bid decisions for us brokers under the pretence of representing us. This whole vote needs to be investigated. It in no way represents the brokers.
  • ozboy | 15 Dec 2011, 10:19 AM Agree 0
    Seriously how can you tell that everyone who voted was a broker? I voted at least 5 times all from different IP addresses. Your polls are not a good judge. Mmm wonder if this will be published?
  • PC | 15 Dec 2011, 10:29 AM Agree 0
    Maybe I commented on the wrong site, because at last glance I did not see any who were agreeing to the forced membership idea.
    I think if you were to have a simple Yes/No (click on button) type vote the result will be very different to the result you claim to have got through comments.
  • PC | 15 Dec 2011, 10:59 AM Agree 0
    A count of the comments posted on the so called vote:
    38 say NO. 3 say YES and 7 Just make comment Total comments 48.
    Result is 79% say NO.
  • Australian BrokerNews Editor | 15 Dec 2011, 11:33 AM Agree 0
    In response to feedback on the above Australian BrokerNews poll (which is, as always, very much appreciated), I would like to clarify the results of our online poll, run on a daily basis in our newsletter since the 30th of November.

The question was the following: "Should lenders be allowed to make it compulsory that brokers maintain their MFAA membership? Have your say!"

The results, with a current total of 1095 votes (which can be viewed clearly online) were:

Yes: 71%
    No: 27%
    Undecided: 2%

Australian BrokerNews can only suggest that if any readers disagree with the result, they go and vote!

Thanks again for your interest.

Ben Abbott,
    Editor
    Australian BrokerNews
  • PC | 15 Dec 2011, 12:17 PM Agree 0
    Perhaps if you made it clearer as to how to vote, instead of making the link as part of the heading, you would have got a more accurate result. As I said in a previous post that has not been put up the vote on the comments page is almost the opposite of what you state.
  • Bazooka | 15 Dec 2011, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    Your poll has to be flawed. I know many brokers and have spoken to heaps of them about this. Not a single one has ever said they support compulsory membership to MFAA
  • mark | 15 Dec 2011, 06:00 PM Agree 0
    as brokers we know hundreds of other brokers through our time in the industry. When we all get together we chat about the industry! i dont know of a single broker i know that even supports the MFAA and are only members because we have to be!
  • Simon | 16 Dec 2011, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    Who ran the voting process? The Russian Government???
Post a reply