Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australia's house prices second-highest in the world

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 12 Jun 2014, 04:02 AM Agree 0
The IMF has warned central bank officials to beware of spiralling house prices after concluding Australia may have the world’s second-most expensive housing market
  • Suspicious | 12 Jun 2014, 09:53 AM Agree 0
    Ever looked at the price of property in Singapore , Hong Kong , Shanghai or any other major city in semi - developed countries in Asia ??? They make Sydney prices look like an absolute BARGAIN!!!
  • Papery | 12 Jun 2014, 10:54 AM Agree 0
    "Keeping housing affordable, keep developers building & encourage foreign investment"

Sounds to me the biggest builder of apartments wants to push the prices up to sustain his profits...affordable for who...pffttt...
  • Incognito | 12 Jun 2014, 10:55 AM Agree 0
    Australia's property market is ill.

Yet the racket continues.

Vested interests love it.

Young families are dying on the vine
  • Ostrich Principal | 12 Jun 2014, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    It looks like the Aust Govt wants overseas drug and other illegal money to drive our property markets and economy. Foreign ownership is completely out of control in crucial areas of the Australian property market. Australian property is a great way for overseas buyers to launder money, and buy their way into Australia. There is little or no scrutiny of people purchasing property, especially when it's a cash purchase. I don't even think that that the Govt records and verifies property ownership of foreigners to even know what is really going on and if problems are emerging. The Chinese govt is holding out on a free trade agreement unless we remove what few restrictions there are and reporting of Chinese ownership. Australia is so miniscule compared to China with 1.36B people, heavily restricted property markets and huge wealth, we will be swamped.
Post a reply