Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Australia's worst places to own property

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 21 Aug 2013, 05:00 AM Agree 0
Fabulous lifestyles don't always equal fabulous on-sale profits
  • Greg Uehling | 21 Aug 2013, 10:29 AM Agree 0
    Wouldn't it make sense to purchase when the market is soft in these areas? Albeit a long term hold, I would think that markets can shift and what was once a place where people wanted to buy and don't now, may reverse and come back sometime down the road. If the owner loves the location and they are willing to hold for the long term, I would think this would be the time to purchase in those areas that are soft.
  • Regional Broker | 21 Aug 2013, 10:38 AM Agree 0
    Interesting Locations , seems to me the Sunshine Coast in QLD is over represented . IE Woorim is part of Bribie Island , and the Bongaree and canal developments there are good. Other are in areas that were over the top before the GFC . sample appears ro be narrow and localized
  • John from Geelong | 21 Aug 2013, 10:43 AM Agree 0
    The stats are meaningless because the number of sales are not quoted. I also agree with Greg that just because a market has performed poorly in the past doesn't mean in isn't a good opportunity now.
  • Nicklas | 21 Aug 2013, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    I completely agree with Greg. When the others zig you zag.
    Nelly Bay: gross rental yield 4.33%, 1.37% vacancy rate. Not amazing but not bad.
  • Incognito | 21 Aug 2013, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    I'm with Greg..

Places that have come off the boil probably represent a decent opportunity.

Buying a stock because it's gone throught the roof is herd mentality at its best, in the absence of other fundamentals
Post a reply