Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Bank calls for more transparency amid Aussie/CBA review

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 17 Jan 2013, 08:05 AM Agree 0
One of Australia's independent banks says it's thrilled with the ACCC's announcement that it will be reviewing CBA's increased ownership of Aussie Home Loans, but has renewed its call for heightened sub-brand transparency
  • Diomedes | 17 Jan 2013, 11:07 AM Agree 0
    Where are the other lenders with an opinion on this important subject. ING, AMP, Heritage, Suncorp etal are you guys awake? Are you going to send a submission to the ACCC?
  • 1martym1 | 17 Jan 2013, 11:24 AM Agree 0
    Do you think they are looking to do a RAMS type thing with Aussie brokers selling CBA funded Aussie loans? Me thinks so.
  • Wozza | 17 Jan 2013, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    As an long term Aussie broker, I certainly hope not and neither do I think it will happen
  • Bert | 17 Jan 2013, 11:22 PM Agree 0
    How about the ACCC investigate Woolworth s and Coles for their trade practices.
    They have a much bigger day to day impact on the community than whether or not a major lender takes a commercial decision to invest in a very successful business. There is a huge difference in the service proposition provided by any bank than that provided by a competent broker!
  • Tom | 19 Jan 2013, 10:54 PM Agree 0
    WE, "the face to face broker" are the ones who provide the transparency and solution for the client. Comm bank should make little difference to how the Aussie people conduct themselves.
    I am told both Symond heavy's are staying on and in my experience working for them in the past, if they remain, the model and customer is as safe as houses.
Post a reply