Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Bank job cuts a boost for brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 31 Jan 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Bank plans to slash thousands of financial services jobs over the next two years could end up benefitting brokers and consumers
  • Wozza | 31 Jan 2012, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    I am personally fed up with large corporations sending our jobs offshore to satisfy their KPI's and give their MD's bigger bonuses. What about the 7000 that lose their jobs and what about a strong Australian economy?
  • BRIAN TAYLOR | 31 Jan 2012, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    WELL AT LAST THE BANKS HAVE WOKEN UP! INSTEAD OF EMPLOYING LOAN OFFICES IN BRANCHES WHO HAVE TO BE THERE JUST IN CASE A CUSTOMER WANTS A LOAN - WITH SALARY, SUPER, CAR AND OFFICE SPACE SAVINGS IT IS COMMON SENSE TO REDUCE OVERHEADS BY ELIMINATING THESE PEOPLE. PAY THE BROKERS A DECENT COMMISSION AND, IF THEY HAVE THE RIGHT PRODUCTS, WATCH THE BUSINESS FLOW IN WITHOUT THE OVERHEADS OF EMPLOYEES. BUT DON'T GET CARRIED AWAY THEY STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO!
  • Keith Bridges | 31 Jan 2012, 11:21 AM Agree 0
    I am not sure one ever sees the reduction of the front line sales force, staff reductions usually come from internal management restructures and back office responsibilities. All it will mean that as brokers' it will become more and more difficult to get anything done particularly if the services is being completed in a 3rd World Country
Post a reply