Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Bank manager sinks to new low

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 10 Aug 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
It can't get much worse: a 'rogue' Westpac bank manager is accused of bankrupting a 98-year old woman who lives in a nursing home
  • International Man of Mystery | 10 Aug 2012, 08:39 AM Agree 0
    hang him up by his assets
  • Jeff Mazzini - AAMC Training | 10 Aug 2012, 10:19 AM Agree 0
    Once again a rogue amongst many professionals, Banking is not the only profession that suffers from these human greed behaviours, as we are all aware.
  • Tim | 10 Aug 2012, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    I hope they lock him up and leave him there till he is 98. He sounds like a total lo-life !!!
  • 10 year Broker | 10 Aug 2012, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    He will probably get a promotion!!!
  • mortgage road warrior | 10 Aug 2012, 11:30 AM Agree 0
    bank mobile home loan managers are a Brokers best friend . In the main they are inexperienced , incompetant & have no idea about customer service . Then again if I worked for a Bank & was treated as poorly as Bank's treat their staff then I may well turn Rogue . Its not about the best person for the job , its all about who the Bank can pay the least to do the job . Keep up with this Human Resources policy Banks , it brings us a heap of business .
  • Country Broker | 10 Aug 2012, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    This is a very disturbing case, consider this, where were the checks and balances by Westpac they apparently had NONE, how did the bank verify income, has Westpac writen off the loan as they must? At 98 it is totally doubtful the borrower had testementary capicity !!
    The manager himself MUST be charged and jailed , if this was broker he would not have a licence, be able to be in an EDR scheme, or quite possibly be an MFAA member!! He would probably facing criminal charges or be in Jail , the manager must be seen to face the same consequence. As to Westpac , is ASIC reviewing their NCCP licence conditions, they should be banned for writing lo Doc type loans for say 3 yaers ,and is APRA looking at their lending policies and checks and balances ?? I hope so !!
  • lynette - Training to be a finance broker | 11 Aug 2012, 05:39 PM Agree 0
    I can't believe this practice is happening within the big FOUR BANK! it is just beyond me how they could approve a loan to a 98 years old person. After what I have read/learnt about NCCP ACT, regulations and codes of conduct in the lending industry. Hope WPAC bank and the manager get maximum civil and criminal penalties for this breach. Westpac should not be allowed to write any more loan at all!
  • Graeme Kluck | 12 Aug 2012, 05:36 PM Agree 0
  • Richard | 13 Aug 2012, 10:25 AM Agree 0
    I know that there are always two sides to every story, BUT a Lo Doc to a 98 year old then bankrupting her!!. You got to be kidding. KARMA !!
  • Industry Bystander | 14 Aug 2012, 10:50 AM Agree 0
    Hmmmm... One wonders how the 98 year old woman ended up in that Bank Managers chair.
Post a reply