Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

BDMs can't just be transactors anymore, says major bank

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 30 Mar 2015, 07:30 AM Agree 0
Major bank touts its commitment to brokers by investing in a huge education push for its national network of BDMs
  • Coast Broker | 30 Mar 2015, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    They have some of the dearest products in the market and their own branch staff will always try and steal your customer. Only time I use Westpac is if I have a Westpac customer and there is no benefit by moving them away. The only thing they do well is their Family Guarantee Option.
  • Michael Kent | 30 Mar 2015, 04:48 PM Agree 0
    In 12yrs broking I have NEVER written a Westpac deal.

They are expensive, have no real niches and I have no reason to use them. We never see a BDM and if you do want to become accredited they have the most long-winded over the top application form out of all lenders.

Thanks but no thanks!
  • marty | 31 Mar 2015, 09:56 AM Agree 0
    Very outdated processing model for mine with credit people sitting in ivory towers. They also seem to refer absolutely anything which is not the plainest of plain vanilla. Empower your people Westpac!
  • John Whitten | 31 Mar 2015, 10:20 AM Agree 0
    This is an April Fools joke isn't it? Westpac lecturing on what good BDM's should be doing.

It is virtually impossible to get to talk to our BDM, to the point that I have had to involve the local Westpac Branch Manager, to get someone to call me.

At this stage Westpac are only talking the talk, what we want is for them to walk the walk.
  • Dave Robinson | 31 Mar 2015, 10:24 AM Agree 0
    Not too mention their recent hiccup, invest the money in technology or at the very least a robust system.
  • Papery | 31 Mar 2015, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    Hey Westpac....you just stick to what you know....keep bank rolling the PayDay lenders.
    Your website is awful & I too avoid Westpac like the plague. The last time I needed the BDM they were as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle & had absolutely no clout. If I was a Wpac BDM, I'd take advantage of the educational opportunity being afforded...& then get the hell out of dodge!!
Post a reply