Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Becoming a Broker (Advice)

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin | 24 Feb 2017, 02:10 AM Agree 0
Hi.
I'm extremely interested in getting into the finance industry. I've been getting mixed reviews about becoming a Broker. I'd love to start my own business but am 100% new to the industry so I'm open to learning more through employment first OR having a strong mentor when starting out.
Any advice or insights - Something you wish you knew when you started? Where you see the industry going etc?
Judging from some of the forum topics.. it seems we can be at mercy of the big banks? Is that true? Are brokers losing independence?
Would love to get your advice about becoming a Broker (pros and cons etc)
Thank you all in advance
Justin
  • Glenn Darcy | 14 Mar 2017, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Justin, congratulations on your decision on getting involved in the finance industry. If you are looking to become a broker then that is also a great decision. My only advise would be to find an aggregator that is legitimately interested in helping you build a great business and to find a mentor interested on doing the same.

Feel free to contact me to discuss both these points as Im willing to discuss options with you..

Thanks
    Glenn Darcy
  • Wigglytuff | 22 Mar 2017, 05:32 PM Agree 0
    I wanna know if there is any courses to take for becoming broker?
Post a reply