Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Big Four CEO stepping down

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 03 Apr 2014, 08:55 AM Agree 0
The CEO of one of the Big Four has announced he will retire in August because of the toll the job had taken on his personal life
  • overtheborderbroker | 03 Apr 2014, 09:18 AM Agree 0
    Boo Hoo. Cameron Clyne's package for 2012 was $8.78m dropping to $7.76m in 2013 - the poor chap. I think it's time I pulled up stumps to spend time with my loved ones .. oh yeah .. maybe because I don't pocket a couple of million a year under the protection of a corporate safety net I can't. DAMN!!
  • Clarke Kent | 03 Apr 2014, 09:19 AM Agree 0
    I image he won't meet the Aged Pension Test?
  • Peter | 03 Apr 2014, 10:08 AM Agree 0
    yes, he wouldn't want to become a broker then if he thinks this job exacts a toll on him would he? Reduced commissions and 4 times the workload. Pffft
  • greg | 03 Apr 2014, 10:51 AM Agree 0
    Clyne a failure.
    business banking - backwards
    uk - backwards
    advantedge - backwards

Result - hes fired!!!
  • Monty of Perth | 04 Apr 2014, 12:13 PM Agree 0
    Greg 3/4/2013 refers:
    To the point particularly Advantedge with its ridiculous name.
    NAB was once a Proud brand and held an enviable position as the most respected brand in the Financial Industry. Unfortunately that doesn’t hold today and reflected by the stagnant share price. Too many people being paid GM’s salaries and what have they produced over the past 5-10 years, just an erosions of shareholder wealth, even given the GFC and that very point goes against the Chairman’s long held mantra.
    Sorry Cameron, but I think you’ll be happier in Boardroom life without having to be the CEO of the NAB, which is in great need a real Banker with history in the Australian workplace to be in charge. Too many academics in place with no real understanding of the Industry.
Post a reply