Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Big four most profitable banks in the world

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 24 Jun 2013, 07:00 AM Agree 0
Australia's four major banks have been ranked most profitable in the world, earning up to $71 million a day, but the ABA say fair is fair
  • Jeff | 24 Jun 2013, 09:54 AM Agree 0
    Yet commissions have dropped to Brokers by 41% since 2007; due to tough times for Banks?
  • Terry | 24 Jun 2013, 10:16 AM Agree 0
    Thats right Jeff,
    I'm really enjoying the extra work load of the NCCP and the reduced comms in an effort protect the banks and increase their profit margins.
  • Jerry Gibb | 24 Jun 2013, 10:40 AM Agree 0
    It just goes to show how the government of the day has protect the Australian consumer. Banks complain of higher funding costs etc yet are very very profitable so who pays the Australian public with higher interest rates on the most important asset the home.
  • oldBroker | 24 Jun 2013, 11:26 AM Agree 0
    Brokers need to stop whinging about the comms. You know how you can increase the lender comms? Raise the broker-initiated deals from the roughly 40% to 75%. Otherwise they decrease comms because they can.
  • Ray | 24 Jun 2013, 12:29 PM Agree 0
    Agree with old broker. Until most loans are originated by brokers, there is not much we can do other than sending more volume to other lender than the big 4.
  • Broker | 24 Jun 2013, 04:28 PM Agree 0
    Absurd ....
  • Steve | 24 Jun 2013, 06:23 PM Agree 0
    It is good that the Government has fostered a competitive banking environment, imagine what it would be like if we had only 4 major banks??
  • Richard | 25 Jun 2013, 08:16 AM Agree 0
    That explains where my clawbacks are going, I am pleased the money isn't being wasted.
Post a reply