Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

BoQ vows broker return more than a quick fix

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 30 Mar 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Bank of Queensland has vowed its move back into the broker channel is not just a quick fix solution
  • ChrisC | 30 Mar 2012, 12:10 PM Agree 0
    Good to se another player come back.
    BoQ has defied brokers in the past - regularly in and out of the broker space (they employ their own Managers as akin to being a broker type position the way they are paid). See how long they hold up in the broker market until they decide everything is rosy again and decide to close them off again. Hope they have their systems and processes worked out before they open up otherwise they may find themselves in a mess of back log and poor service levels ... 'watch this space' .. look forward to it.
  • Rach | 30 Mar 2012, 12:16 PM Agree 0
    Sigh - whatever... if its a decent offer (and it will have to be to gain trust back), I'll look at it - If it's not competitive, I wont - simple. The service also has to be up to scratch...
  • Ken Bruns | 30 Mar 2012, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    I would love to see an interview with David Liddy about this.
  • Jim from Perth | 30 Mar 2012, 01:09 PM Agree 0
    An un named source from BOQ says"I don’t think this is a short-term thing."
    The operative words are do not Think.
  • Paul Shahinian | 30 Mar 2012, 01:23 PM Agree 0
    I don't trust the brand at all. Plenty of channel conflict and Liddy has left a lasting impression on the bank of the proposition of using brokers. It is a quick fix and they underestimate the broker’s intelligence, treating us like cattle not partners.
  • Sceptic | 30 Mar 2012, 01:35 PM Agree 0
    Broker writes the loan, "feed them back through our branch network", branch hijacks the client and the loan - seen it before!
  • John Robbo | 30 Mar 2012, 01:55 PM Agree 0
    I would give a home loan to the Russian Mafia before I would give it to BOQ. They dumped us brokers in 2004 & said that they didn't want brokers as brokers added little value. Now they want to crawl back because they are going broke. They screwed over their franchisees in NSW & can't be trusted. I wish them all the worst.
  • "D" of Sunny Coast | 30 Mar 2012, 04:49 PM Agree 0
    They dumped us in2004 and actively pursued our clients-- wouldnt trust them as you can be sure they'll be at it again at the first opportunity
  • Robert Kaya | 31 Mar 2012, 03:59 AM Agree 0
    Strangley enough, when BoQ had excommunicated the brokers several years ago,I found their Interst Rates higher than the avarage mainstream lenders' rates.I think common senses prevailed and they knew they wouldn't be able to survive without the brokers' support.I wonder what happened to their mobile lenders after they ceased to deal with brokers!!:)And I wonder wheather they will make the loan process and payments on time????
  • Ra | 31 Mar 2012, 08:35 AM Agree 0
    You brokers that are even considering them as an option are pathetic! You should leave the industry as you hace no spine or self respect and are the cause of why brokers get pushed around.
  • Steve | 02 Apr 2012, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    Could not agree more with 'Ra'. If any of you use them you are part of the problem of why the lenders think they can just chop & change everything they offer the broker network. As they know there are enough fools that will keep coming back & pulling their pants down time after time. Draw a line in the sand people.
Post a reply