Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Borrowers struggling to make payments: Parts of Sydney worst hit

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 02 Jul 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Borrowers across Australia are struggling to make their home loan payments - with one area of Sydney deemed the worst hit
  • oldBroker | 02 Jul 2013, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    It's interesting how, at the very same time, this article comes out along side another article detailing that the Aussie's personal wealth hits record high. I don't know who to believe.
  • not so old broker | 02 Jul 2013, 11:19 AM Agree 0
    The two are not mutually exclusive. Average wealth per person is an average, not an actual amount per each individual.
  • mac | 02 Jul 2013, 11:22 AM Agree 0
    rich getting richer battlers relying on O/T, casual and contract work etc getting poorer.
  • SIDBROKER | 02 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    The issue that also bothers me is that our Labor Govt. continues to tell us the economy is going great and that we can handle the 300 billion in debt. The latest poll is showing Rudd the prefered prime minister. Well if all is going well then why are so many people having difficulty servicing their home repayments. Why are so many shops vacant and commercial premises vacant. Will there come a day when the nation can no longer service the labor debt on our behalf. I did not put Labor in control nor did the gallop poll call me re who i prefer as Prime Minister. Can someone make any sense of the state of the nation currently???
  • Peaved Ausie Broker | 02 Jul 2013, 01:54 PM Agree 0
    looks like we are just as guilty as the Americans in living beyond our means that including the this current guillotine/Crudd government with a $300 bill debt and rising. a huge difference for when we actually had a surplus not that long ago from a government that actually understood economic policy. its inevitable that we will reach a point where the whole country will have to carry some pain to sort this out. Rudd lacks the balls to do what is right instead grandstanding and posturing looking for votes. they have had 2 terms to achieve real business change to build the economy. instead they have an obsession with legislation a weighing business down with red tape and burying the figures to hide the truth of the real state of the economy. If this government get re elected it will be the biggest con job in history and a huge reward for the government incompetance. otherwise it will be to little too late.
  • Papery | 02 Jul 2013, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    and property prices always rise....
  • Fed Up | 02 Jul 2013, 03:17 PM Agree 0
    The paperwork imposed over the past 6 years has finished me off. With lower commissions and twice as much work due to over regulation, I am not prepared to take short cuts others are taking to stay in business. My clients deserve better.
  • andy sargent | 02 Jul 2013, 07:01 PM Agree 0
    just proves some people cannot afford loans
    from day one so why do it
  • Broker | 02 Jul 2013, 11:25 PM Agree 0
    Everyone knows the economy in so many areas such as construction ,manufacturing, retail , hospitality , many self employed people are simply going backwards and our large employers ( such as banks) are also morally bankrupt as they continue to send Australian jobs overseas.

This Labour Government has created absolute havoc with what WAS a great economy.

It's going to be rough ride for quite a while yet.
  • SIDBROKER | 03 Jul 2013, 11:05 AM Agree 0
    One thing is obvious we have to get RID of RUDD and his backstabbers.
Post a reply