Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Bouris calls for more effective gender equality laws on International Women's Day

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 09 Mar 2016, 08:20 AM Agree 0
Mark Bouris has challenged the government to mandate more effective gender equality laws regarding the hiring process for senior management positions
  • SEQ Broker | 09 Mar 2016, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    Hey Mark you are walking on troubled waters there. As a male, I wouldn't want to suggest to females that they need special laws to be considered an equal. Also as a man, I don't want to be going for a promotion where a woman is also going for the promotion. She will get the job because she is a woman and not because of her talents.

Some countries have similar laws for minorities (like African Americans - or what you see now in South Africa) and what you end up with is yes a larger portion of the minority in management jobs, and a larger portion of corruption and business failure because the real talent was overlooked because of a law. You pandered to your audience!
  • Broker ( Man) | 09 Mar 2016, 12:07 PM Agree 0
    Geez this social engineering / tokenism really annoys me, best women or man for the job is how it should be - quotas are sexist and an insult to both sexes.
  • Steve wonder | 17 Mar 2016, 08:28 PM Agree 0
    Very interesting. I wonder how many women are in executive positions in YBR?
Post a reply