Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Bouris takes on 'super' confusing jargon

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 31 May 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Most Australians are missing out on a basic human right, according to YBR front man, Mark Bouris: The ability to choose how their superannuation funds are invested
  • M C | 31 May 2013, 09:56 AM Agree 0
    I'd like to know what Bouris's definition of 'comfortable' is? By the way nice sales pitch. I hope your 'Retireright' service which has the inevitable product attachments has the key word 'diversification' for the clients at front of mind!
  • Daniel Blaine | 31 May 2013, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    Bouris is misleading people with his statements. People are free to determine how their funds are invested. Their apathy stems from the over empahsis of fees advisors get and not the importance of getting advice to ensure they are moving in the right direction. The winners in this game don't get there in most cases by adopting a DIY approach.
  • Bemused | 31 May 2013, 10:03 AM Agree 0
    I thought I'd have a look at their strategy and see what they have to offer.
    They have three investment options: Cash, 50/50 and 90% growth. How is this different from any other product in the market?
    This is again shameless promotion with a product flog at the end of it.
    How can you possibly state that you are looking after a client's specific, individual needs, when you have to pigeonhole them into 3 categories for their super? Would be very curious as to what their MER ans ASF are...
    Industry funds offer more choice!
  • Karl | 31 May 2013, 10:44 AM Agree 0
    Well done Mark. Finally someone is paying attention to 'middle Australia'!
  • M C | 31 May 2013, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    Come on Karl. He's simply looking at his hip pocket & what additional 'material' possessions he will be able to aquire from the dollars he can generate from this new direction. A market opportunity has no place for sentiment.
  • Jason | 31 May 2013, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    Whilst some may not agree with Bouris he is 100% correct in that the vast majority of people have an apathetic view of superannuation. The number of people I see that have multiple accounts being burnt up by ongoing fees is amazing.

Even if 10% of Australians actually get off their bums and at least ask some questions about their super, Bouris will have achieved something - whether or not those people actually go to YBR for advice or not.

For those who think that he is trying to feather his own nest - yes he is - but nothing in life is free
  • Kumar | 31 May 2013, 12:47 PM Agree 0
    All a sales pitch Mr Bouris.. load of bull.
    Industry Superfunds with low fees ! beat
    that ?
Post a reply