Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

BREAKING: Convicted drug money launderer banned from mortgage industry

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 20 Jun 2014, 01:07 PM Agree 0
​A former MFAA member and mortgage broker convicted of drug money laundering has been permanently banned from the industry by ASIC
  • CashedUp Buyers | 20 Jun 2014, 01:36 PM Agree 0
    Maybe he got bored buying blue chip properties with cash like the others do around Doncaster, Templestowe, Balwyn North etc. No scrutiny there. Law abiding Aussies just can't compete.
  • Wombat | 20 Jun 2014, 02:27 PM Agree 0
    Pity about MFAA's immediate action - his website is still up with references to MFAA membership.
  • not so old broker | 20 Jun 2014, 02:34 PM Agree 0
    get the facts right before expressing what appears to be your mindless xenophobia.
    on 17 June UTS published an interesting report you should read -
    based on fact not fiction you should look at.
  • sandy watson | 20 Jun 2014, 02:47 PM Agree 0

Under the Corporations Act 2001 and National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, ASIC may ban anyone who is convicted of fraud. So, We of the Australian Public- Court Support note that no-one gives a ........... arse about what fraudulent activity conducted by the Banks their agents. Government, ASIC, FOS, COSYL, ALL SHOWN CLEARLY DEFINED FRAUD IN THE THE LAF'S yet, can someone please explain why your industry seems to continously get away with this fraudulent activity conducted by members of this group of brokers and banking infidels?? WE are entitled to know.
  • Regional Broker | 20 Jun 2014, 03:00 PM Agree 0
    So this goes to the hearth of an issue , an accredited financial planner also hold an authorisation as an credit adviser ( please get this fact correct). I really am having trouble with financial planners holding credit adviser authorisations as well .This highlights the problems with this, was he laundering as a financial adviser or a authorised Credit Adviser ?? Please clarity the position, no matter what ,
    He must never be allowed back in our industry.
  • sandy watson | 20 Jun 2014, 03:48 PM Agree 0
    So, since you think I am xenophobic, get back to my question. Explain why you brokers insist on adding to and changing the LAFs?? Just answer my question. THAT IS FRAUD.

Post a reply