Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

BREAKING: MFAA extends Diploma deadline

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 23 May 2012, 12:00 AM Agree 0
The MFAA has announced that it has postponed the deadline for the completion of the Diploma, due to a 'massive backlog' in processing last minute enrolments.
  • evan | 23 May 2012, 04:30 PM Agree 0
    what about funding for the people who have done the right thing and have the diploma completed on time ?
  • Jack | 23 May 2012, 04:38 PM Agree 0
    Hmm me thinks that's just a cover. Is it really a Backlog?? or is it because they are losing so many members as a result of their pigheaded approach to make brokers incur a cost to get a qualification that is not even required by ASIC?? What about teh 30 cpd points? will they back down on that as well. Thank goodness for the FBAA
  • Perth Broker | 23 May 2012, 04:39 PM Agree 0
    Having made the effort to complete the Diploma by the supposed "Deadline" I am angry that the MFAA has capitulated. Members have known of the deadline for over a year. I can only think that the 70% they stated who had completed the diploma was grossly overstated and that they realised that come the 30th June they would lose a majority of their members. Can we take anything they say seriously from now on?
  • PC | 23 May 2012, 04:54 PM Agree 0
    So by being a member for a number of years and having completed the Diploma I am not entitled to the subsidy? But if I were a recent member and have not yet enrolled or completed the course I will get rewarded...... Wow there's incentive for you to do the right thing. You have now set the precedence for future courses, you have also given another reason for current members to leave your organisation....
  • John @ Mount Annan | 23 May 2012, 05:13 PM Agree 0
    Amazing, once again make allowances for the slack disorganised brokers who have not bothered to complete the material within the alloted time frames. Will there be refunds made to those brokers who have paid the full course costs ?
  • Broker | 23 May 2012, 05:18 PM Agree 0
    Oh. Isn’t that just great news!!

Firstly, I can’t believe after all the chest-beating from the MFAA, has resulted in them just rolling-over, perhaps too many exiting members from the MFAA across to the FBAA is there?

And secondly, given that I paid full price to complete my Diploma in January, where do I claim my rebate from!?...I cannot believe this Government would throw $2,400, 000 at Brokers that have done very little to date to gain there Diploma, no wonder we are all taxed out of existence.

So the true winners here are the Brokers that have ignored all previous warnings about cut off dates for this silly Diploma, and presto, now this stupid and incompetent government throws money at them to complete it. Go figure.

I feel dumber for reading this article!
  • Tony Harris | 23 May 2012, 05:18 PM Agree 0
    While the Govt is handing out money to the MFAA i would like to suggest that they don't ignore the Brokers who have complied with the Diploma requirements on time.They should also be rewarded and paid.I suggest that the $2.4 million be divided equally amongst members.On my calculations each member will receive an "education reimbursement' of $218.Cheque is in the mail.Thank you
  • John @ Mount Annan | 23 May 2012, 05:35 PM Agree 0
    Once again the deadline on a course is extended and incentives given to those that have not gotten around to completing the training, talk about reinforcing bad behaviour. Obviously those in charge at the toothless MFAA have never trained children. Will there be refunds for those who have paid the full premiums to places like Intellitrain ?
  • Incognito | 23 May 2012, 06:00 PM Agree 0
    Okay professional brokers no more excuses.

You know you can do it.
  • Three Cheers | 23 May 2012, 07:47 PM Agree 0
    Cheers to the members who did the right thing and complied with their association requirements on time and at their own cost. You must feel quite disrespected now for your efforts.

Cheers to the MFAA for, once again, failing to commit to your own agenda and time frames.

Cheers to those who continue to have faith in an organisation that repeatedly discounts your loyalty and admiration.

There seems no justification in the way members are treated so poorly for their membership fees.
  • Will - Perth | 23 May 2012, 09:11 PM Agree 0
    The whole mess with the Diploma just shows the MFAA is totally out of touch with the front line broker network. They act as arrogant police. We odnt need the MFAA anymore, we have ASIC. I and many others are already moving to the FBAA.
  • Coast Broker | 23 May 2012, 09:16 PM Agree 0
    Great news but is it the MFAA just realising that they would loose a very large chunk of their members? So why is the government funding only going to be used for their newest members. What about some of their long term loyal members Mr Naylor.
  • Joe | 24 May 2012, 08:45 AM Agree 0
    Instead of the 'massive backlog' it was most likely a massive revolt by the rank and file members who are getting quite fed up with the impositions and restriction placed on them towards making a decent living.
  • Barry Sims | 24 May 2012, 09:08 AM Agree 0
    Typical of the total incompetence of the MFAA
    This organisation should be abolished. They are totally incompetant and offer no value to the Broker Market
Post a reply