Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

BREAKING: MFAA to hand more power to brokers

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 11 Aug 2014, 02:20 PM Agree 0
The MFAA has proposed sweeping changes to its structure, which would see it handing more power to its members
  • Tanya Sale | 11 Aug 2014, 03:09 PM Agree 0
    Congratulations Tim! At long last a President that gives the control back to the members it was intended for!
  • NotSoOldBroker | 11 Aug 2014, 03:12 PM Agree 0
    I wonder if this is off the back of the tsunami of negative feedback that a recent article by an MFAA board member generated (which was eventually removed)

• michael eberand | 11 Aug 2014, 03:13 PM Agree 0
    good move. well done mfaa
  • Bruce Mawson | 11 Aug 2014, 03:14 PM Agree 0
    Well done MFAA Directors. This is a significant and broad change to the governance of the MFAA and one which all members including the whingers and complainers) should wholeheartedly engage in and support.

Looking forward to reading the Constitution changes.
  • Stephen Dinte | 11 Aug 2014, 03:22 PM Agree 0
    This is an interesting proposal which I am certain will be welcomed by most members. It does however fall short of providing an equal say to all members. For my two bob's worth, I would suggest a board comprising one member from each State and Territory (8 in total). This would give equal representation to every member in this country and removes the bias of the Eastern states.
  • Country Broker | 11 Aug 2014, 03:41 PM Agree 0
    Great Move its back to what it was when the MIAA was around . This shows the current board have the interests of its members at heart
  • Broker | 11 Aug 2014, 03:48 PM Agree 0
    The success of this move can only be measured by real outcomes for brokers, otherwise it will go into history as just more MFAA spin.
  • new broker | 11 Aug 2014, 03:53 PM Agree 0
    first thing they need to do is to look at all these expense charges they charged their members without much in return.
  • SouthBrisBroker | 11 Aug 2014, 04:05 PM Agree 0
    Welcome change to an Org that represents the best brokers in the industry and now we can have a say in the board. Given that they have 80% of the industry under them I'd have thought more would be positive. Finally we have the industry represented by people like us. Well done to whom ever did this.
  • Larz | 11 Aug 2014, 04:20 PM Agree 0
    Interesting development. I wonder who will finish up in control of the organisation. It will be the big end of town not the brokers who they say it will be representing. The groups with the most voting power will be able to get their ticket elected and who has the voting power. The major aggregators and brokers who just happen to be owned by the major banks. That's a surprise!
    Also interesting to note that the other directors who the board can elect " as they see fit" do not need to be independent directors as it currently the case.
    At the moment there is some protection for all members with the Board coming from each State President and then a representative from different sectors of the industry. This protection will disappear if these changes are approved by the membership.

• Stephen Dinte | 11 Aug 2014, 04:22 PM Agree 0
    Is it just me, or do others see that comments of a positive nature are accompanied by the author's name, whilst those negative commentators hid behind a pseudonym? Finally we have a chance to make a change for the better so let's all get behind Tim and work to make this association ours.
  • Michael | 12 Aug 2014, 11:22 PM Agree 0
    Id like to see if this evolves into anything at all or is just another way to score browny points for competition against the FBAA!!
Post a reply