Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker: "All we want is our money back"

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 11 Jul 2012, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Mission Home Loans broker Tony Ottavio has been forced to go to court in pursuit of a deposit paid to controversial trail book brokerage Buy A Trail, directed by Mark Whittingham
  • Broker | 11 Jul 2012, 08:25 AM Agree 0
    I can't believe this name has surfaced again.
  • broker 2 | 11 Jul 2012, 10:16 AM Agree 0
    unbelievable this name has reappeared. Surely an industry body or someone must do something to cease his activities, google his name. speaks for itself.
  • Suspicious | 11 Jul 2012, 10:16 AM Agree 0
    Yes , I believe one must definitely avoid Mark Whittingham at all costs . It would be interesting to also hear from the trail book vendors who used Mark's service . He is constantly spruiking his business via email. The MFAA may want to broadcast a warning to its members about Buy a Trail.
  • Coast Broker | 11 Jul 2012, 10:37 AM Agree 0
    I spoke with Whittingham about 18 months ago regarding the buying of a book. He wanted a deposit upfront before I completed any due dilligence on the book and therefore its value. There a number of factors that come into play when it comes to the value of a Book. When I stated I would not pay a deposit prior to completing a due dilligence he got very abrupt and rude. My last wors to this rogue were when you are prepared to sell a book on terms I will be in touch. The funny thing is he had emailed me some details of the Book and its value. The paperwork received was an excel spreadsheet converted from the Aggregators Commission Website. The Spreadsheet included borrowers names etc.
  • Mikeh | 11 Jul 2012, 11:29 AM Agree 0
    Surely we all know about Whittingham by now? He's been around for years, and his modus operandi hasn't changed. Why has he not been brought to account before now? Surely it's time for all stakeholders in the industry, including ASIC and our professional bodies, to finally get rid of this blight.
  • Rob | 11 Jul 2012, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    When I was first was offered an opportunity to buy a trail book from this guy/business, I did a Google search straight away to get background on him and his business. This simple search uncovered a trail of destruction through the Victorian Supreme Court and I went no further. I feel sorry for Tony but a simple Google search before talking to this guy would have sounded enough warning bells.
  • Mark Hewitt | 11 Jul 2012, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    We have warned our members on several occasions against buying or selling trail books without speaking to us first. Thankfully this has seen the number of issues our members experience fall right away. I implore all brokers not to sign anything until they have first sought the advice of their aggregator of franchisor. Please.
  • Country Broker | 11 Jul 2012, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    Unbelivable , lesson here is Google first
  • Anthony Crook | 12 Jul 2012, 11:41 AM Agree 0
    I strongly suggest anyone thinking of dealing with Mark Worthington do a Veda search first and you will find a plethora of default judgements against him and his companies. I am just one in a long list.
  • Melbourne Broker | 12 Jul 2012, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    Took me over 2 years to sue this individual for $28,000.
  • Mortgage Mentor | 11 Dec 2012, 12:59 PM Agree 0
    I have come into contact with Mark through his database "business" connection blue. He is now selling databases as well. You have to backsearch his url to find he is the owner as he does not use his name when being addressed in emails.
  • Older and wiser | 12 Dec 2012, 01:11 AM Agree 0
    It's funny how people like mark worthington can be a broker,I have always wanted to be a mortgage broker got my certificate IV and I can not be broker until 2017 because my family have ripped me off and because of that I now have court judgements on credit file, but mffa and industry body's are slow to catch up to his rogue and scammers,if there are any mortgage brokers living on the gold coast and they are looking for a broker please let me no by emailing me at thank you
  • Older and wiser | 12 Dec 2012, 01:16 AM Agree 0
    I made a typo with marks last name whittingham
  • Rakesh | 14 Dec 2012, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    Mark contacted me through selling of a database in Sydney Area. I was about to say yes until I thought of goggling his name and wolla..thanks god, didnt go through very careful of this guy
Post a reply