Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker: construction dip will push market value down

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 23 Jul 2012, 06:30 AM Agree 0
A leading broker has said the fall in construction is bad news for the value of existing properties
  • Richard | 23 Jul 2012, 01:46 PM Agree 0
    If something is in short supply the price goes up, not down. The constraints come from inability to borrow, not lack of new housing.
  • Philip Edwards | 24 Jul 2012, 12:53 PM Agree 0
    Understand your comments Richard. I intended to convey the message that the first home owners grant changes would bring prices down on existing homes, as it's the 2nd home buyer selling to the FHOG applicants that want to build, but the changes to the FHOG qualifying criteria has meant that the vendors selling in this market are reducing their prices to meet the reduced market conditions.
  • SangHun | 20 Aug 2012, 09:21 AM Agree 0
    Can I just say what a reduction to seek out soemnoe who actually knows what theyre speaking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring a problem to mild and make it important. Extra people must read this and perceive this facet of the story. I cant believe youre not more well-liked because you undoubtedly have the gift.
Post a reply