Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker cracks half billion mark

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 05 Jun 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
One stellar broker in Melbourne has just cracked $500 million in FUM - all by himself
  • Sahdeo Singh | 05 Jun 2013, 11:04 AM Agree 0
    Well done Mark
    You are legend !!! Keep up the great work
    Best Wishes
  • Mike Clarke | 05 Jun 2013, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    This is a well reported story because of the way Davis has explained his 'value proposition' to the clients - well done. The only thing I would say about the focus is dont make it on quantity all the time, make it focussed on quality. Thats a much more important KPI for the future of brokers, particularly in relation to their percentage of arrears to total book. Its a reflection of how the deal with & manage their client base. I note also that there is 21 banking experience in Davis's baackground. Alot to be said for understanding the nuances of 'credit'. Again well done Mark!
  • Peter Economos | 05 Jun 2013, 11:14 AM Agree 0
    well done Mark and it is a good inspirational story for up and comers in the industry.
  • Andrew Hetherington, Intellitrain P/L | 05 Jun 2013, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    A phenomenal effort Mark, but not surprising given your work ethic and client service focus.
  • Wilko | 05 Jun 2013, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    Lets hear more of these stories! I know Mark is not the only one like this across the country and it is good to hear from all of the brokers who are doing well.
  • Kram | 05 Jun 2013, 12:20 PM Agree 0
    I commend the hard work it takes to achieve the result shown. Perhaps it would have been nice to acknowledge Mark's support staff (although that's not the angle of this article), as it's my experience that a successful broker of this level hasn't reached the top without a good support crew.
  • Sehnaz Gray | 05 Jun 2013, 12:22 PM Agree 0
    Well Done Mark! On behalf of your staff it is great to see a Director with the drive that you have, a passion that is lost with so many Brokers too soon (I have seen it too often).
    Your strategic approach to wealth creation for our clients definitely keeps the staff on their toes and never bored.
    Let's crack that milestone!!
  • Casey Sorrell - Diversifi Perth | 05 Jun 2013, 12:23 PM Agree 0
    Very impressed Mark. I especially like your 'no call out' rule as I also run my business like this and I don't have any clients that have an issue with it and I have a quality family life in the evenings. Keep up the good work!!
  • Melissa Huynh | 05 Jun 2013, 12:40 PM Agree 0
    Well done Mark! Congratulations. It's great to see such passion still exists with company Directors. Truly, hats off to you!
  • Andrew | 05 Jun 2013, 12:54 PM Agree 0
    I would be very interested to read further about this business structure, support staff etc?
  • Jason Back (Managing Director ALIC) | 05 Jun 2013, 09:47 PM Agree 0
    Congratulations Mark and all our staff at ALIC. This is a fantastic result for the whole team and our clients. We strive for a unique client experience that empowers and educates our clients which has inturn leads to both volume of business but attracting great quality client base with 0% arrears rates. At ALIC the use of balance score card to drive performance ensures that we place equal importance on Client experience, Risk/Compliance, Drawdowns and our people.
    Again thank you to all the team at ALIC and watch this space with more to come.
  • Simon Bowler | 05 Jun 2013, 10:03 PM Agree 0
    Well done Mark.
    I am about to do the same and leave one of the top four banks and go into the broker business. I do agree about managing the clients and not talking about rates, you soon learn who is really interested and who is just rate shopping. Well done and have fun getting to the 1 billion mark
  • Craig Dres | 05 Jun 2013, 10:29 PM Agree 0
    Mark, well done on the high achievement of you and your business.
  • Adrian | 06 Jun 2013, 10:33 AM Agree 0
    Well done Mark, that is a brilliant achievement.
    I'm new to Mortgage Broking, so how were you able to get so much business referred to you in only 3.5 years?
Post a reply