Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker dies a hero: Saves wife and friends from avalanche

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 17 Oct 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
The husband of high-profile broker, Wendy Higgins, has died in Tibet after digging through ice and rock for six hours to save his wife and friends
  • Nicole Cannon | 17 Oct 2013, 08:53 AM Agree 0
    My thoughts go out to Wendy, her family, friends and work colleagues throughout this horrific time. I saw this on the news this morning and was so deeply saddened. Makes you appreciate what you have now.
    Take Care Wendy. x
  • Tyler smith | 17 Oct 2013, 08:57 AM Agree 0
    Condolences and best wishes for Wendy and the Higgins family on behalf of the entire team at Stargate
  • Sharryn Amesbury | 17 Oct 2013, 09:02 AM Agree 0
    our thoughts and prays are with Wendy and her family. I too was watching the news in disbelief. I hope Wendy is Ok over there.
    Take care
  • Susan Kennedy | 17 Oct 2013, 09:11 AM Agree 0
    To Wendy, Sara, Family and close friends, what a heroic act but to then lose your loved one, such a sad thing for anyone to experience. I wish you all the best and am deeply saddened by your loss.
  • Linda McIntyre (retired broker) | 17 Oct 2013, 09:24 AM Agree 0
    You must be totally devastated Wendy, I never met you, but I feel your pain.
  • Michelle Collins | 17 Oct 2013, 09:26 AM Agree 0
    To Wendy, family and colleagues. So saddened to hear this news. I wish you all the strength through this time. Life is so short.
  • Tanya Sale | 17 Oct 2013, 09:29 AM Agree 0
    Wendy our thoughts are with you on this very very sad day. the team at outsource financial
  • Calvert Duffy | 17 Oct 2013, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    My deepest sympathies Wendy. Our hearts go out to you. Calvert
  • Linda Wisbey | 17 Oct 2013, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    RIP Dean. Sincere condolences to Wendy and family. Deeply saddened by the tragic news
  • Positive Broker | 17 Oct 2013, 09:35 AM Agree 0
    Condolences to you and your family Wendy. I think the the thoughts of the entire broker industry are with you today. Very sad.
  • Helen Morgan | 17 Oct 2013, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you Wendy and Sara.
  • Tony Pennells | 17 Oct 2013, 09:55 AM Agree 0
    Our prayers go out to you and your family, Wendy.
  • Judy West | 17 Oct 2013, 10:00 AM Agree 0
    Saying a prayer for Dean right now - a life cut short, but always a hero. Deepest condolences to Wendy and Sara.
  • Darren Brits | 17 Oct 2013, 10:10 AM Agree 0
    To Wendy, Sara and the rest of your family, our hearts go out to you in this sad time.
  • NoTimeLikeTheFuture | 17 Oct 2013, 10:11 AM Agree 0
    What an extroardinary act of bravery and endurance.

The entire broking Family are with you and your family today Wendy, and into the future.
  • Chris Szigeti - FBAA Director | 17 Oct 2013, 10:32 AM Agree 0
    Very sad news - condolences to Wendy and Family
  • Steven Degetto | 17 Oct 2013, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    A great man, a true gentleman, a beautiful couple. Deepest sympathy to Wendy and family.
  • Ali Webber | 17 Oct 2013, 10:44 AM Agree 0
    Wendy, family and loved ones, wishing you all peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your hearts. May you rest in peace Dean.
    XXX
  • Voula Kotsiras/Port Group | 17 Oct 2013, 10:45 AM Agree 0
    That is extremely sad news, I wish our sincere condolences to Wendy and her family
  • Chris Slater | 17 Oct 2013, 10:56 AM Agree 0
    I am probably like many that only met Dean a few times at industry functions that he and Wendy attended. A fantastic bloke and as genuine as you would meet. My thoughts and prayers go out to Wendy, her family and all those close to her, especially those in the Mortgage Choice community.
  • Lorainne Macdonald | 17 Oct 2013, 11:10 AM Agree 0
    My condolences to Wendy and her family at the tragic loss of Dean and this awful tragedy. Puts everything into perspective. Thoughts with the entire Mortgage Choice family at this time.
  • Frank | 17 Oct 2013, 11:32 AM Agree 0
    Our thoughts are with Wendy and family during this sad time. A tragic loss !
    Frank and the Ballast team
  • Adrian Fisher | 17 Oct 2013, 11:35 AM Agree 0
    My thoughts are with Wendy, her family, friends and work colleagues at this very sad time. Such tragic news.
  • Joanne and David Brown | 17 Oct 2013, 12:08 PM Agree 0
    Dear Wendy
    We are deeply saddened by your loss. We have felt extremely close through your incredible support for us over many years.
    Our family will be thinking of you during these times when you need and deserve that support. We are all here for you.
    David and Joanne Brown xxx
  • Phil Couch | 17 Oct 2013, 01:48 PM Agree 0
    My sincere condolences to you Wendy, your family, friends and your team.
    Deepest sympathies, Phil Couch.
  • Joanne Blacklock | 17 Oct 2013, 04:24 PM Agree 0
    I had the privilege of seeing Wendy speak for MFAA/WIBMN, where she shared her great love of her husband and the importance of their relationship in her life. I send my heartfelt condolence for her devastating loss. They say character is revealed in crisis and Dean Higgins gave his life, as he must have lived - with extraordinary love and care.
  • Karen Corrie | 17 Oct 2013, 05:00 PM Agree 0
    A terrible tragedy to befall any family.
    Sincere condolences.
  • Aaron Milburn | 17 Oct 2013, 07:01 PM Agree 0
    Our deepest condolences and thoughts to Wendy and her family during this very sad time. Our thoughts also are with the entire Mortgage Choice family who have lost a true gentleman and friend, from all of the team at Citi.
  • John Flavell | 17 Oct 2013, 07:42 PM Agree 0
    Wendy,

My thoughts are with you and your family. Very warmest regards.
  • Leisa Crew | 17 Oct 2013, 08:40 PM Agree 0
    Very sad news. Sincere condolences to Wendy and family.
  • Rob & Karen Egan | 18 Oct 2013, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    Our sincere condolences to Wendy, her family and Staff. Such tragic news. Our thoughts are with you all, On behalf of the Club Financial Services Gippsland Team.
  • Melinda Young | 18 Oct 2013, 02:38 PM Agree 0
    Such a tragedy. Our thoughts and best wishes are with you, Wendy, at this terrible time.
Post a reply