Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker generates 50% of business through social media

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 10 Apr 2015, 06:53 AM Agree 0
A young broker has harnessed the power of social media to provide multi-million dollar loans
  • Questions ? | 10 Apr 2015, 09:30 AM Agree 0
    I am always interested in new avenues for lead generation but when I check the normal 'social media' site Facebook and LinkedIn I can not see anywhere near the 2,500 followers - Am I missing something?
  • Michael Kent | 10 Apr 2015, 11:28 AM Agree 0
    LinkedIn will only show a maximum amount of connections. I have 4200 but it shows I have 500. Not sure why, I think it has something to do with up-selling to a premium LinkedIn package.
  • Papery | 10 Apr 2015, 12:55 PM Agree 0
    Sounds like a loosely veiled Info-Mercial to me, Bruce.
  • Questions ? | 10 Apr 2015, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    Hi Michael - are you associated with Chifley Securities? I also have 500+ So if the Linkedin for Chifley had 500+ I would be really impressed but when I search, it states 7 followers. And the Facebook page has 2 likes...the only Glynn Bruce I can find on Linkedin works for Nationwide Capital.
  • Answers | 10 Apr 2015, 01:31 PM Agree 0
    Questions - it is the same Glynn Bruce. He works for Nationwide Capital and Chifley Securites. Chifley was founded by the principals of Nationwide Capital.
  • Michael Kent | 10 Apr 2015, 03:07 PM Agree 0
    No I don't have any association with them at all, you have questions but seems you only want certain answers!
  • Michael Kent | 10 Apr 2015, 03:08 PM Agree 0
    Also - pretty sure if you are a paid subscriber to LinkedIn I am pretty sure you can choose to hide your contacts. Why so suspicious??
  • Questions ? | 10 Apr 2015, 03:53 PM Agree 0
    Sorry Michael, not suspicious, just trying to find 'best practice' and the reality seems a little different to the article.. Perhaps it wasn't supposed to be taken so literally..

Post a reply