Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker loans rise while branch loans decline for major bank

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 30 Oct 2015, 08:28 AM Agree 0
A major bank has reported a $22 billion increase in its home loan portfolio, with broker originated loans on the rise
  • Broker | 30 Oct 2015, 09:13 AM Agree 0
    ANZ is by far the easiest and most efficient lender of the big 4 to deal with.

Upfront valuations, efficient and consistent phone service, quick turnaround times, good pricing, good BDM that returns calls, a credit team that does not over engineer at assessment stage, docs emailed to me, SAI good too - all too easy.

And all for the lowest upfront commissions, but that doesn't bother me at all as they get the deal done.
  • Regional Broker | 30 Oct 2015, 09:33 AM Agree 0
    No surprises really, I have horror stories of my clients going to a branch first and receiving poor treatment and advice. They were then referred to me, where the deal was approved and settled sometimes with the same bank.
  • Dave Robinson | 30 Oct 2015, 02:12 PM Agree 0
    Well said Broker I completely agree in fact even though they pay a little less on smaller deals they are more profitably as I am not constantly following them up or explaining their own credit policy's.

Keep up the great work.
Post a reply