Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker stands up to alleged contract breach

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 12 Sep 2014, 08:38 AM Agree 0
A broker who is in the middle of an argument over clawbacks says he is entitled to be paid what he is owed
  • Nardia | 10 Feb 2015, 10:44 PM Agree 0
    I engaged Amine as my mortgage broker in late 2013; whilst I can't comment on the experience of the individuals in this article, I can comment on my own experience which was that that the fees, terms and conditions of the agreement where clearly explained to me. I had a credit default due to a failure to change address with a utility company after moving interstate (AGL & Actew AGL I have learnt are different companies and not to be confused). Amine went above and beyond to find me a loan at a competitive market rate with a lender who looked at my credit profile more holistically rather of focusing on one error. Whilst I wholeheartedly agree that the mortgage broking sector has its fair share of shady characters engaging in unscrupulous fee gouging practices, based on my personal experience, I can say with confidence that Amine is not one of them.
  • Papery | 11 Feb 2015, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    I dont know anyone connected with this story, but Im pretty sure this is a run of the mill story... I dont care what anyone says, most clients treat us transactionally one the deal is settled & they get passed the settlement excitement. AS a Broker you pride yourself on the 'Relationship' you believe you have built up that you are positive will be long term & ongoing, but sure enough despite the usual marketing emails, birthday/Xmas messages, RBA updates, milestone phone calls, the client sells or refinances 'out of the blue'.
Post a reply