Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Broker urges industry to sell itself

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 Feb 2011, 05:30 AM Agree 0
A Queensland-based broker has urged the mortgage broking industry to better market to consumers its current state of professionalism
  • Observer | 16 Feb 2011, 02:01 PM Agree 0
    Almost everthing one reads about brokers is focussed on their own financial returns. How many articles in this magazine bemoan commission threats etc. This is anything but professional. Brokers, if they don't want to become irrelevant, should be promoting their services - actually quantifying exactly what they can offer and the consumer benefits involved. I'm not talking spin, I'm talking real value. Until this happens, the industry will be viewed with cynicism rather than the credibility it seeks.
  • Ozboy | 17 Feb 2011, 09:22 AM Agree 0
    I think the trouble is that brokers are waiting for other people to do the things they need. Perhaps its about time we took ownership of issue's like this and came together to provide a solution instead of looking to others. It is easy to point and talk, it appears to be a lot harder to actually stand up and walk the talk. Want to own the future then put your stake in the ground and claim your territory don't expect anyone else to do it for you.
Post a reply