Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brokerage launches real estate arm

Notify me of new replies via email
Julia Corderoy | 20 May 2016, 08:00 AM Agree 0
A leading mortgage brokerage has unveiled the launch of its own real estate arm
  • OzBoy | 20 May 2016, 09:28 AM Agree 0
    Fantastic, love everything N1 is doing lately and this is probably the best idea. As an industry we haven't really seen a R/E business intergrate mortgage broking effectively, will be interesting to see how doing it the other way works. This might actually get one of the other larger broker groups or even an aggregator to try this model as well. Great to see some innovation in our industry that doesn't have "disrupter or fintech" in it's blurb.
  • Sean | 20 May 2016, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    Oz boy you are deluded. For the life of me, I can't understand how you attach your name to this. How is this going to fly with all the changes both lender and government are cracking down on? It will fail as lenders quite rightly have woken up to what has been happening.
  • Greed is not good | 21 May 2016, 09:08 AM Agree 0
    I understand the synergy but I feel it's a little short sighted. As an industry we fit very well alongside real estate in partnerships that benefit all concerned. If our industry starts to morph into wannabe agents, we become a potential threat to their core business. Do I refer my clients to the one dimensional bank down the road or to ABC Finance also known as ABC Real Estate and ABC Property Management....
  • Oscar | 25 May 2016, 10:21 AM Agree 0
    Looks like more press release spin to keep investors engaged post their recent stock exchange listing.
    Agree with "Sean" this doesn't address the issues and constraints being applied both currently or coming for non-resident investors. Clearly from the content, investors and in particular Chinese investors are heavily relied upon by N1 in its business model.
Post a reply