Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brokers' Budget response

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 15 May 2013, 08:00 AM Agree 0
Brokers remain mostly, but cautiously, optimistic in response to last night's Budget announcement
  • Keith | 15 May 2013, 11:00 AM Agree 0
    They couldnt run a brothel how can one a government have any credibility on backdrop of predicting a surplus 12 months ago to an amazing deficit ...and it goes on for 2016/17 and on based on tax receipts which are questionable!
  • Frank | 15 May 2013, 11:11 AM Agree 0
    How can anyone believe what this government has to say regarding the budget or anything for that matter. The forecast deficit for the 2012 budget was 22 billion and ended up being $44 billion. The same with this budget. Forecast to be in surplus then 19.4 billion. Any fool who believes a word these economic incompetents say believes in santa clause and the easter bunny.
  • Just a battler | 15 May 2013, 12:23 PM Agree 0
    Do they thing the Australian people are morons?
    Ten years to bring the books back in the black?
    If I ran my business like this Government run our country, then I would be out of business in very quick time.
    Swan can make all the excuses he likes, but the truth be known, they have stuffed up
  • David | 15 May 2013, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    The most annoying point to me is Swan and the media peddling the idea of a massive slump in revenue. This is absolute lies. Revenue is up and has risen consistently over the past few years. The problem is their terrible forecasting and their outrageous love of spending. Take their $5m donation to sound proof a Greek Orthodox Church in Adelaide for example. Sure, they obviously have a noise but why single out one building in Australia when there are tens of thousands of people and businesses impacted by being below a flight path. Surely this will just open up a plethora of claims using this discrimination as a ba
    sis for their claim.
  • Lyn Turner | 15 May 2013, 05:32 PM Agree 0
    If you think it's bad with the current Government, wait until the would be Treasurer gets hold of the reins - that's a frightening disaster about to happen. Nothing could be worse.
  • Broker | 15 May 2013, 10:29 PM Agree 0
    A nothing budget from a nothing government
  • SIDBROKER | 18 May 2013, 03:36 PM Agree 0
    To Lyn Turner, Do you live in a cocoon. Swan and this disgraceful govt. are simply a disgrace and don`t warrant a mention beyond here.
Post a reply