Australian Broker forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Brokers clash over financial 'GP' future

Notify me of new replies via email
Australian Broker | 16 Dec 2011, 06:00 AM Agree 0
Wealth Today CEO Michael Stephens has refuted Mortgage Choice's position on individual brokers holding more than one licence
  • Alwyn Beardmore | 16 Dec 2011, 10:12 AM Agree 0
    I agree with Michael Stephens
  • Mary | 16 Dec 2011, 11:03 AM Agree 0
    If I wanted to be a Finaical Planner I would but I choose to be a Broker. When I need to seek further advise for my client I contact a couple of financial planners on my books to assit with further advise and structering. I do not want another lic for the future. Omg give us a break, the broker should and the broker should enough we do enough for our License.
  • Ken Bruns | 16 Dec 2011, 11:52 AM Agree 0
    I side with Mr Russell in this as I'm sure he is rightly concerned about the capacity of those he is responsable for. I think it is only prudent to keep peoples tasks with their limitations.
  • Peter Fast | 16 Dec 2011, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    As always self interest permeates comment in nearly every article published here especially where an aggregator speaks. I have both licenses and but choose to focus on broking and refer risk in particular although I am licensed in that area. As a broker I am able to give general financial planning advice within my license restrictions of course while talking to clients and not be "guilty" of giving advice while not licensed. How many do that without a license now? There is no harm in having an extra qualification is there?
Post a reply